Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Help in understanding return shipping fees

@Sooner wrote:

To me $6.95 is fair if I don't have to stand in line at the Post Office and mess with that. 

No waiting in line for me, I use the auto machine and I'm in and out in a flash.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Other questions—

When an item is returned to exchange for size, is any extra expense beyond the original $3 incurred?  

What if QVC does not have the item in the desired size?  Then the shopper is hit with the $6.95?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@happygal wrote:

Other questions—

When an item is returned to exchange for size, is any extra expense beyond the original $3 incurred?  

What if QVC does not have the item in the desired size?  Then the shopper is hit with the $6.95?

@happygal

exchanges are totally FREE. this is a great feature that qvc added fairly recently.

if they do not have the item in stock you are still not charged the return label fee.

if you ARE charged or the exchange does not happen, call qvc customer service or mention it here (or email them) so that the mods can take care of it, qvcsocialteam@qvc.com

What's your policy for exchanges?

If you're not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, our return policy allows you to send back returns-eligible merchandise within 30 days of the date you received the package for an exchange. Simply use the Q Return Label within 30 days of receipt to return your item for a free replacement of the same item in a different color or size. If your request for an exchange results in any additional merchandise or shipping costs, and you paid by credit card, your credit card will be charged for those additional costs. Payment methods other than a credit card may result in an order cancellation & a refund may be issued. If the requested exchange is no longer available, including items on waitlist and advance order, QVC will issue a refund and not deduct the Q Return Label fee.

“When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my only response is that I am thankful I have a cup.” – Sam Lefkowitz
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I was told if your return using the QVC label $6.95, you are charged additional shipping to get the package to the right return area after it is picked up at the post office.  I will never use the QVC return label again!  It is a total rip-off.  Buyer (or returner) Beware!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Kitkat1 wrote:

I was told if your return using the QVC label $6.95, you are charged additional shipping to get the package to the right return area after it is picked up at the post office.  I will never use the QVC return label again!  It is a total rip-off.  Buyer (or returner) Beware!

@Kitkat1 that is not true. If you return using the Q return label they will deduct the return label price (printed on the label) and the shipping you paid to get the order to you. No additional charges are deducted. Of course if the item s defective or was sent with Q's error then you do not pay the return label fee.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I know there is a flaw in how QVC refunds you when you return an item! I fully understand that they do not refund initial shipping fees charged when you purchase and return an item within 30 days; that's fair.  But when there's a flex pay involved, part of that shipping charge is built into the flex pay.  And when you return the item using the Q-label, they deduct the cost of return shipping for that item PLUS the total amount of the initial shipping cost!

So, there is a built in shipping cost in the flex pay that you are not being refunded.

I contested that with QVC and they credited my account.

Thanks, QVC.  Please fix this error in your system!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@lizmath wrote:

I know there is a flaw in how QVC refunds you when you return an item! I fully understand that they do not refund initial shipping fees charged when you purchase and return an item within 30 days; that's fair.  But when there's a flex pay involved, part of that shipping charge is built into the flex pay.  And when you return the item using the Q-label, they deduct the cost of return shipping for that item PLUS the total amount of the initial shipping cost!

So, there is a built in shipping cost in the flex pay that you are not being refunded.

@lizmath  With the first flexpay payment you pay the entire shipping charge.  At least that's always been the way it's been for me.  Maybe it's different now and it's divided, but that's the way it used to be.

My little dog, a heartbeat at my feet. —Edith Wharton
Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.--Colette

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@lizmath wrote:

@lizmath  With the first flexpay payment you pay the entire shipping charge.  At least that's always been the way it's been for me.  Maybe it's different now and it's divided, but that's the way it used to be.

@NickNack QVC divides the shipping into the easy pays. With HSN & Evine you pay the full shipping charge with your first payment.

@lizmath even though shipping is spread out amongst your easy pays, you still have to pay it, so if you return an item on easy pay they will deduct the full shipping amount at once. Ex.: if I buy an item that costs $27 + $3 s/h and it is on 3 easy pays my first payment is $10 (this includes part of the original shipping). If I return that item (not using the return label) I only get back $7 because I have to pay the original shipping of $3 which they will deduct from my refund.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@DJs mom, I agree. I think @lizmath is confused in thinking that when an item is returned (on say 3 easy pays) that the customer is only responsible to pay 1/3 of the initial shipping cost. That is wrong. When an item is returned using the return shipping label then that amount (usually $6.95) plus the entire amount of original shipping is also deducted.

I'll give an example using a Susan Graver shirt that was offered today for $49.96 plus $3.00 shipping with 3 easy payments. I'll be using the tax for CA since that's where I live. 

$49.96 (shirt) + $3.00 (shipping) + $5.03 (tax) = $57.99

$57.99 / 3 = $19.33 

First of 3 payments is $19.33. Now, if I choose to return the shirt and use the shipping label, this would be the amount I should have refunded.

$19.33 (first easy pay) - $6.95 (return fee) - $3.00 (original shipping)

The amount I should be refunded here is $9.38

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

At QVC, Your shipping fees are equally divided into your flex pays.  So, every time you make a flex payment, you are paying part of the (non refundable) shipping fees.

In other words, you are PAYING DOWN your shipping fees.