Respected Contributor

Help Needed--Email said to call CS but . . .

. . . "due to high call volume," they are not transferring people to CS and only offer the automated options.

The problem is that the credit card I use suddenly won't work, according to QVC, despite having ample balance.  I logged the same card in as a new card, but it gave me the "Hmm" message about there being a problem and to call CS. But CS now won't let you talk to anybody. They don't even suggest trying back later.

I have my bank's website up and my account detail in front of me. One of the two items  I was emailed about has a pending charge posted today. I want it but especially want the other item. 

Can anyone help me with this? 

QVC Customer Care

Re: Help Needed--Email said to call CS but . . .

@noodleann wrote:

. . . "due to high call volume," they are not transferring people to CS and only offer the automated options.

The problem is that the credit card I use suddenly won't work, according to QVC, despite having ample balance.  I logged the same card in as a new card, but it gave me the "Hmm" message about there being a problem and to call CS. But CS now won't let you talk to anybody. They don't even suggest trying back later.

I have my bank's website up and my account detail in front of me. One of the two items  I was emailed about has a pending charge posted today. I want it but especially want the other item. 

@noodleann   I will take a look and email you the details of the issue. 

Susan

Respected Contributor

You can try the online Chat function.

Respected Contributor

@Susan-QVC wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@noodleann   I will take a look and email you the details of the issue. 

Susan

Thank you, Susan. Reading further here, I saw people recommend emailing QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com, so I did that just before I came back here. FYI.

Respected Contributor

The QVC Social Team has gotten back to me and  says they can't do X and that a person from the Finance team will reach out to me. Curiously, the order (2 items) looks as if it's in process with no flags on the screen now. I'll check later to see if a payment was posted.

I'll update this as it's resolved. Maybe it'll help others. 

I don't think QVC should email customers to speak with CS when they fail to provide someone to talk to. I'm lucky to know of this resource, but I imagine many QVC customers don't. I feel sorry for them.

Respected Contributor

FYI, maybe re-entering the original card as a new one turned the trick, but payment for the second item on the order is now pending in my payment account..

Haven't heard from Finance, but this appears to have been a glitch that's now resolved.

Thank you for your prompt response, @Susan-QVC .

Honored Contributor

Noodleann - it might be a credit card issue. Around Thanksgiving we drove 100 miles to get a cheescake. We stopped for gas on the way home. The credit card was declined at the gas station. So we used a debit card. One lady at the gas station had all of her 7 credit cards declined.

I also know over this last weekend that there were credit card troubles with people who had signed up for a certain cable TV station.

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Noodleann - it might be a credit card issue. Around Thanksgiving we drove 100 miles to get a cheescake. We stopped for gas on the way home. The credit card was declined at the gas station. So we used a debit card. One lady at the gas station had all of her 7 credit cards declined.

I also know over this last weekend that there were credit card troubles with people who had signed up for a certain cable TV station.

That's interesting, a debit card working where a credit card was refused.

My problem seems to be straightened out now, the order is processing.

I was especially concerned because I really need one item I was buying, plus I intend to take advantage of QVC's offer of a $10 bonus gift card for every $50 in gift cards you buy, which runs through the 10th. That amounts to a 20% discount. I'll be buying those gift cards later this week.

Super Contributor

I am having the same problem, been trying to get customer service for days but there is no way to get through

Respected Contributor

@Unhooked42 wrote:

I am having the same problem, been trying to get customer service for days but there is no way to get through

I'd suggest emailing  QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com. They responded to me and my problem is fixed.