Valued Contributor

When I am signed in I cannot give hearts.  The heart option shows only before I sign in.  If I click on the heart of a post I have to sign in.  Once I sign in the heart option is gone.  How can I fix this?

Honored Contributor

Your hearts are working.  You just gave a heart in the Christmas marathon thread.  You can see it in your profile.

Valued Contributor

Ummm...I'm not getting something.  I can see that posters have given me hearts, but I don't see that I have given any hearts.  What am I missing?  Right now I'm signed in and can't give hearts.

Honored Contributor

@Stevie Nix

When you "heart" a post, the heart icon changes from red to a light shade of gray.   (They're all red if you're not signed in, by the way.)   If you click it again, that causes it to "un-heart," and it returns to red.

If you're not logged in and you tap/click on a red heart, the system will redirect you to the sign-in page.  After you fill in the login info, the site returns you to the post you hearted.  

If you want to see which posts you "hearted," click on your nickname.   You'll be directed to your profile page.   Look on the left side of that screen and scroll down until you see the heading "Hearts Given To."   You'll see a few nicknames, and below those you can click on the words "View All" if you want to see all the posters/posts you've "hearted."

If you don't see the hearts at all, after signing in, you need to check your settings.   On the left side of any page, choose "Edit My Preferences."  Under "Preference Options," click/tap the word "Hearts" in the list.   If you've checked the box next to "Hide Hearts buttons and counts" you won't see them when you're logged in.  The box needs to be unchecked if you want to use and see this feature.

(If you change any settings, always be sure to click SAVE at the bottom of the screen.)

hth!  I know it can be confusing at times.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

@dooBdoo - Thank you.  I did what you said and now see if it works.  Thanks again!

ETA - It worked!  Yah!

Honored Contributor

@Stevie Nix wrote:

@dooBdoo - Thank you.  I did what you said and now see if it works.  Thanks again!

ETA - It worked!  Yah!

@Stevie Nix

That's great!    You're welcome! 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova