Honored Contributor

I also experienced the 1Z thing too in the past.  

Would rather pay a bit more for shipping directly from UPS or USPS than using both that adds at least 2 more days.  But, then, there are customers complaining about QVC's high shipping prices that are actually quite low.  

As for QVC's CS department.  What can be expected from using temporary workers who receive no benefits and know after a time they will be let go?  They have nothing invested in the company, so no loyalty and incentives to do well.  

Companies started using many low wage temporary workers during the 1990 recession.  They loved not having to pay benefits, but quality went down.  

Of course, there are only so many workers available in localities, so companies are forced to hire some that aren't qualified.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee   You are privy to QVC's internal personnel policies and procedures?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

@Kachina624 wrote:

Are past employees lying?  How about those who live in the area who know and what's published in local newspapers?  

It's surprising what can be learned about companies from all those sources, not only from those who were fired, but who quit for various reasons, not always negative.  Some actually liked working at QVC.  

When they tell you the same things separately and at different times, are they making it up?

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I haven't called customer service in 100 years.  Don't they still record all calls?

Interesting you brought that up.  I never heard that with QVC's CS dept; however, I do with many others.  Some also ask if I would be willing to do a survey afterwards, either on the phone or by email.  Some send an email survey without asking.

I'm sure QVC's CS dept would improve if that was added.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@Kachina624 

@Kachina624 wrote:

Are past employees lying?  How about those who live in the area who know and what's published in local newspapers?  

It's surprising what can be learned about companies from all those sources, not only from those who were fired, but who quit for various reasons, not always negative.  Some actually liked working at QVC.  

When they tell you the same things separately and at different times, are they making it up?

@Foxxee    Disgruntled ex-employees have never been considered reliable sources of information.  My sister lives and works near West Chester and has run across more than a few ex-Q employees with stories.  She has always considered the source and discarded them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Kachina624 

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Foxxee    Disgruntled ex-employees have never been considered reliable sources of information.  My sister lives and works near West Chester and has run across more than a few ex-Q employees with stories.  She has always considered the source and discarded them.

@Kachina624 

Not sure we're on the same page.  

When I asked the question, are ex-employees lying, I meant were they lying about working temporary.  Nothing to do with grievances from disgruntled employees.