Contributor

Please QVC stop allowing people to leave reviews for items they have not yet received or have not purchased. It is annoying. Valerie presented a set of four angels today for advance order, and already, there are two reviews for this item. How???? They are advance order. Smiley Indifferent

Respected Contributor

I agree.

Honored Contributor

No one should be able to leave a review unless she sees the item in person. I agree - the moderators or someone else should not publish these "reviews."

Honored Contributor

Re: Have to vent... sorry

[ Edited ]

I agree, they need to rethink the process of screening reviews. 

I prefer a system that requires either a "verified purchaser" badge or an alert that indicates the reviewer has no record of purchase from this site, something along those lines.   

In general, online anonymous reviews are subject to bias and nonsense, so we have to read them with a cynical eye.

QVC's moderators don't make decisions about QVC's product reviews.   

Their reviews are managed and monitored by the marketing company "Bazaarvoice."   I don't know if we, as Q customers, have direct contact with them but the moderators probably can pass suggestions along.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

I AGREE!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Also, I have seen reviews that have nothing to do with the item.  Example - Posting about a dress on a coffee maker page.  So, they say they look at all reviews before posting them but I wonder.

Valued Contributor

I agree 100%!!! I hate when I read reviews and I will see people give something great reviews and then they say how they hope to get it for their birthday or something. So in other words, they are basing their review off of seeing the item and not actually owning and using the item. Well I can LOOK at it too! They don't know any more than I do about it. That is not helpful at all.

Honored Contributor

Re: Have to vent... sorry

[ Edited ]

Doesn't matter to me anymore.  I don't trust QVC's  reviews at all.  I left a few reviews and they were never posted.  They didn't meet the guidelines.

One time my review was censored because I said, this is not your mother's...name of item.  I left a five star review and that comment was censored and the review wasn't shown.

i no longer leave or read the reviews, but rely on the people on the forums for their opinions.  I trust them.

Esteemed Contributor

There is no rhymn or reason how QVC initiates reviews, either. Didn't know I was in the minority who receive regular emails asking for my reviews. However, QVC doesn't bother to check if the item is a re-order! I've ordered several of the same Item Number from Louis Dell'Olio lines and am only able to leave one review, yet QVC continually sends emails for each item ordered and requests another review. Why? 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

I totally agree that the review system needs revamping...not only are there reviews where the item is reviewed and the next line says "I have not used it yet but hope it will work".  The system also needs to be tweaked for those who give negative (no's) to really good and thorough reviews because they had a bad experience, do not like the item, or do not like the positive reviews posted by others.  There are times I will not even leave a review after reading some of the previous reviews.

I do read the reviews and will make a judgement on whether I will purchase that item or not based on what the majority are saying about an item.  There are two forums that I don't use this method for and one is the Susan Graver reviews because (in my opinion) some of the reviews are based on whether a person likes the vendor or not. Hopefully, the Q will read the suggestions on this post and make some much needed changes on the review system.