Honored Contributor

Hailing posters not working.

When I want to call the attention of a certain poster then I just type the @ + their name. But that doesn't work for all posters names. For some of the posters I can't get their attention because their name won't appear as a link as does the others. Hope that made sense. Anyone know what I'm saying here?

Respected Contributor

Re: Hailing posters not working.

I know what you mean.  ECBG has had problems too.  She has mentioned it on our WW thread in Among Friends.  At least I think that is where she mentioned it.😊😊

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties 

@SilleeMee 

@ECBG 

all @'s seem to be working for me......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee.  I know what you're saying but I haven't had any trouble with it.  You do have to have the name exactly correct and it won't page anyone if used in the title.  Must be in body of  the msg.  I'm  guessing you know that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Whenever I do this the names I am @ dont come out in blue. I don't know if that matters.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 

It seems to work for me too, but I know others have had a problem.  🤷‍♀️

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 

It only happens with a few posters, not all. For example, one of the posters is @San Antonio Gal. Notice how that poster's name does not appear as a link but just as a regular word.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@sunshine45 

It only happens with a few posters, not all. For example, one of the posters is @San Antonio Gal. Notice how that poster's name does not appear as a link but just as a regular word.

@SilleeMee  Someone said the user name can't have any spaces in it. If it does it won't link. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@sunshine45 

@SilleeMee 

nope......i cannot tag @sanantoniogal .

maybe she needs to contact the mods to figure this out?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@sunshine45 

@SilleeMee  Someone said the user name can't have any spaces in it. If it does it won't link. 

@proudlyfromNJ 

Okay, let's see...

@SanAntonioGal

Nope...still doesn't work.