Honored Contributor

Re: Hailing posters not working.

@SilleeMee wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@sunshine45 

It only happens with a few posters, not all. For example, one of the posters is @San Antonio Gal. Notice how that poster's name does not appear as a link but just as a regular word.

@SilleeMee  Someone said the user name can't have any spaces in it. If it does it won't link. 

@proudlyfromNJ 

Okay, let's see...

@SanAntonioGal

Nope...still doesn't work.

@SilleeMee . Mine don't appear blue, did you get a notification from me?

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

copied and pasted an @ for san antonio gal from another thread.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

Yes I did. The blue vs non-blue is puzzling me. That part I can't explain.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

@SilleeMee  It's puzzling me too. San Antonio Gal does have spaces in her nic. I saw one of her posts.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@San Antonio Gal 

copied and pasted an @ for san antonio gal from another thread.

@sunshine45 

Oh wow I'm glad something worked. But it shouldn't be that way. I think something is still wrong.

Honored Contributor

That happens to me too with a few posters. It is puzzling. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope the posters who have their names not posting correctly aren't feeling like no one likes them. I know if my name didn't get mentioned I'd be sad.Smiley Sad

@San Antonio Gal  I hope you're not feeling sad and left out. It's not you. It's a forum glitch. I wish they would fix it.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

@SilleeMee  It's puzzling me too. San Antonio Gal does have spaces in her nic. I saw one of her posts.

@proudlyfromNJ 

@SilleeMee 

I was able to get your names appear because you've been in this thread (and I quoted you).  The blue appears only if you use the default settings to reply and haven't changed the font in any way, like I just did with the color.  (I have to '@' someone before I change the color otherwise their names will appear in red like the body of my post.  But they still get a notification.)

When trying to '@' someone with spaces in their name, they won't come up on a list like they will with names with no spaces, even if you type them correctly.  And they won't come up in blue.  I can't recall trying to mention someone like that that wasn't already listed in a thread, so I don't know if you type their correct screen name with the spaces they still get a notification.

I hope all that makes sense.  I didn't explain it very well.  Sorry.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

@proudlyfromNJ 

@SilleeMee 

I was able to get your names appear because you've been in this thread (and I quoted you).  The blue appears only if you use the default settings to reply and haven't changed the font in any way, like I just did with the color.  (I have to '@' someone before I change the color otherwise their names will appear in red like the body of my post.  But they still get a notification.)

When trying to '@' someone with spaces in their name, they won't come up on a list like they will with names with no spaces, even if you type them correctly.  And they won't come up in blue.  I can't recall trying to mention someone like that that wasn't already listed in a thread, so I don't know if you type their correct screen name with the spaces they still get a notification.

@geezerette  I change the font for each post. That clears up my question. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

@proudlyfromNJ 

@SilleeMee 

@geezerette  I change the font for each post. That clears up my question. Thanks.

@proudlyfromNJ 

But I still got your notification that you mentioned me, so that part works fine.  It just doesn't show up in blue.