Esteemed Contributor

Re: HSN Now using USPS for returns too!

@Venezia - I also order several specialty food items via Amazon on a fairly regular basis. If you ever run into that problem with a return of a food item from Amazon again, ask for a supervisor or politely end the interaction and try contacting them again. Is it a pain to have to do that? Of course. But I've found that some of their reps are not fully trained to know what the options are for food returns because A) the main policy is that food cannot be returned and B) some reps are not aware of exceptions or alternatives due to damage or expiration.

It can definitely be worth your time to have another conversation instead of having to deal with a physical return of an item nobody is going to want. Options I've been offered in the past when a food return seemed questionable were submitting a photo to demonstrate the damage and waiting while Amazon contacted the vendor to confirm they would accept responsibility and work with Amazon for the refund. And those options have actually only happened once each—in almost all cases (not to make it sound like there have been too many), speaking with a supervisor or more experienced rep has solved the problem. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc - I know Amazon usually has a good return policy but, in this case, both items were supplied through third-party vendors (although still Prime).  It was their policies that took precedence and the one that I had to return said "no return, no refund, no question".

Many of the other reviews also mentioned not being given a refund and said "never again".

I just find the items I wanted elsewhere now.  I've been an Amazon customer for years with very few problems, but I check the vendor's reviews now ahead of time.  If a lot of other customers have had issues, I avoid them.

Honored Contributor

too many other retailers to shop with I choose ones that offer me free shipping and fast (or free) returns.

I ordered on Thursday from Walmart.com, Target and Macy's -- all my things were delivered to my home today and gifts were received by recipients today too🙂🙂🙂

Now that's fast...no USPS excuses, advance orders out of stock & more.. that's where I'll spend my $$$

@friendscafe 

Honored Contributor

My UPS office used to be open for customers one hour in the morning.  Now even that is gone.  I crammed a return into their small return box one day and they had to practically dismantle the box to get it out.  I don't know what one would do with a large package.   So I'm thankful for USPS.

Esteemed Contributor

I like USPS returns as I usually just leave the package with a note on it for my carrier or I hand it to the carrier in any USPS truck I encounter when I am out and about.  An example occurred yesterday.  I handed a Zulily return to a USPS truck that was parked on the street (the carrier was sitting inside) and within hours received a text from Zulily that my return was on its way back. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

HSN has always used USPS for returns, as far as I know. Nothing new. Smiley Indifferent