Honored Contributor

HOW DID MY NICKNAME GET CHANGED???

Someone tell me what is going on! My nick has been lovemygrands for all time. Now SOMEONE/SOMETHING has changed it and I want to know WHY?????

Respected Contributor

Re: HOW DID MY NICKNAME GET CHANGED???

Same here but it's just a capital letter and it won't let me edit it.  Why are they messing with our nicknames?  Can the mods please send a message to the IT department?

Respected Contributor

as of yesterday, my name is completely different!  Honestly, I really do like this new name - can't explain how it happened tho

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder if someone in the IT department is being mischievous and having a lot of laughs.  

Edit

Heard from the Social Team, IT did a system update that caused the problem.  

Trusted Contributor

My name was changed but I was able to edit it back.  I don't recognize so many posters.  I wish THE MODS would give instructions how to add a tag line so posters can show their old nickname on every post, at least for a while.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Someone tell me what is going on! My nick has been lovemygrands for all time. Now SOMEONE/SOMETHING has changed it and I want to know WHY?????

@Love my grandkids    You aren't the only one.  Nobody seems to know why but there are many names that we've never seen before.  Some people have had luck changing it back. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I haven't been able to get on the forums to reply to anything for days, and I received a prompt to change my nic so I finally just changed from all lower case to a capital letter and that seemed to solve my issue.  Like others not sure what is going on.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

My real name is Hedge.

Like you, my name was hijacked and I saw I was ASSIGNED a different name when I logged into the forums 7-4-21.

I didn't request this change.

At least I have an I.D. picture posters can recognise me by. When you lost your name you lost your whole identity  

SO wrong.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@moonandthestars wrote:

as of yesterday, my name is completely different!  Honestly, I really do like this new name - can't explain how it happened tho

FYI

Your new name, the last several letters overlap into the thread title, making it illegible when scrolling thru.

Esteemed Contributor

@decaf wrote:

My name was changed but I was able to edit it back.  I don't recognize so many posters.  I wish THE MODS would give instructions how to add a tag line so posters can show their old nickname on every post, at least for a while.

Whether or not signature lines show up on screen is optional. As per my settings, none of the signature lines appear on posts when I'm signed in.

signatures are under

My Settings/Personal/personal information