Frequent Contributor

For the last few days I've been unable to look at an item unless I scroll down most of the page and, even then, I can't see any pictures of the item of interest.  I've tried to put it in my Wish List and even in my Cart unsuccessfully.  I cann't see how many of an item is left and/or in what color.  This means I can't shop QVC.  Please help.  I am on Internet Explorer and we shut the computer down eveery night so it automatically reboots when it's started up the next day.

Thank you for any assistance your able to give me before I get totally frustrated with QVC. 

Valued Contributor

Try another browser like firefox

Frequent Contributor

Quse, thank you for your suggestion.  I am what's been called a dinosauer with disposable income and have no knowledge of what you suggest.  I have no trouble on HSN or any other site.   

Honored Contributor

Re: HELP! UNABLE TO SHOP

[ Edited ]

Hi, @weight watcher!   The Q's website is extremely (and unreasonably) sensitive to older cookies/cache/website data, so it's important to clear those out frequently.   

Unfortunately, depending on your settings just quitting/shutting down and relaunching/rebooting the browser or the device will not always clear those out for you. 

It's best to learn how to remove cookies/cache/website data for your browser and do it on a regular basis.   

You can use an internet search for step-by-step instructions, but I'll post a couple of examples for Internet Explorer browser here (keep in mind the instructions might vary depending upon which software version you're using).

You can click on the 2 links, read the descriptions, and try “walking through” the steps.

"INTERNET EXPLORER 9, 10 AND 11 (WIN) - CLEARING CACHE AND COOKIES"

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

"How to Delete Cookies in Every Major Browser"

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-delete-cookies-2617981

I realize everyone's tired of hearing about taking these steps...  the problem is that QVC's website has been substandard for years and the management seems to have no interest in changing that.   

So, to fix these problems we have to be aware of troubleshooting steps on our own.   

Be sure that your software is up-to-date,  and that you don't have browser addons/extensions that are interfering with the website.

It's also very important to have at least 2 browsers installed and up-to-date (referencing @Quse's recommendation).

To install another browser, like Firefox, Edge, or Google Chrome, all you have to do is go to their official website and follow the steps.

I'm sorry you're having problems, and believe me I understand the frustration.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Frequent Contributor

dooBdoo. You are so kind and you certainly went to a great deal of trouble with all the instuctions for which I thank you profoundly.  Unfortunately, I really don't understand them.  I'm really not a stupid person but just not conversant in computer language.  It seems QVC doesn't really care about 'dinosauers' even though most are retired with disposable income and, like me, may not have any familoy to leave it to so we shop.  If QVC doesn't wnt my money then I won't give it to them.  HSN, EVINE and so many others are still available to me. 

I truly do thank you for going to such great lengths for me, your a very kind person. 

Frequent Contributor

So, today is a Free S&H day and I'm unable to purchase anything.  Anything includes items in my Wish List and Cart.  Surely I can't be the only one having this difficulty.  Some items I would like to know what sizes and colors are available and how they look but even the film of the show can't be accessed. 

Is anyone at QVC listening??????  I can access HSN, Evine and all of the other stations with no difficulty.  I am so frustrated. 

dooBdoo, I once again thank you for your efforts in assisting me.  Since you seem to be so knowledgeable perhaps you could ask one of the Moderators to come to my aid.  TIA.      

Honored Contributor

Re: HELP! UNABLE TO SHOP

[ Edited ]

Hi, @weight watcher!    I'm so sorry you're having such problems.   

If this were a system-wide issue for QVC, you'd see many people posting about it.   I don't see anyone else reporting the problems you're experiencing, so it points to your computer.

I'm afraid until you either install another browser or take the steps I listed to troubleshoot your current IE browser the problems will persist.

Learning about this isn't just important for the Q's glitchy website, it also is important for other sites (they might seem to be working fine, but there might be unseen issues taking place when browsers aren't up-to-date and when old cookies/cache/website data are allowed to remain).

If you don't feel comfortable using the various websites that have basic explanations and instructions, it would be good to find someone there locally to help out or perhaps someone to walk you through the steps by phone.

For today, the only thing I can think of is for you order by phone (I don't know if the customer service reps can take a look at your wish list or not).            

Also, you can try an email message to the Community moderators -- they are wonderfully helpful, and they might be able to discuss this with you on a phone conversation.     Here's their address:

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

I am so sorry you're having problems!   I wish I could do more.    I'd come there and help if I could.❤️    (((hugs)))

(Unfortunately I don't know which moderators are here with us today, so I'm not sure which ones to notify -- I'll try a few: @Alice-QVC,  @AnjalenaQVC@Barbara-QVC,  @Beth-QVC@Cindy-QVC@Kim-QVC@Melvin-QVC@Paulette-QVC@Susan-QVC@Wayne-QVC)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
QVC Customer Care

@weight watcher 

I will be happy to call you to assist you with QVC.com. However, as I am the only one here at the moment, may I call you around 5pm?

Beth QVC

Frequent Contributor

Beth, once again I would like to thank you for taking the time to communicate with me.  Although I'm still unable to do anything I feel so much better.  Thank you so much. 

Frequent Contributor

I don't know how or for how long but the old QVC that even a dinosauer can use IS BAAACK.    Thanks to all of you for your kindness.