New Contributor

HELP...Order "In Process" Since 11/30 - Need Before Xmas

I have not shopped QVC in a long time. I placed an order on 11/30 and it is still showing "In Process", however when I contacted Customer Support, they could not define what "In Process" means. They could only tell me it has NOT shipped, but could not tell me when it would ship. They kept saying it will be there by the EDD of 12/11. How can that be if it is shipping via "Standard Free Shipping", but has not been shipped out? There needs to be better communication when it comes to Order Status. When will my package ship? Arrive? Will QVC expedite the package (provide faster shipping method) in order to meet the agreed EDD? I dont understand what the hold up is and why it is taking so long to actually ship the product I ha e already made a payment on. Please help and provide solutions!
Honored Contributor

Re: HELP...Order "In Process" Since 11/30 - Need Before Xmas

I can tell you that many of us have experienced the same.  However, I have always gotten mine on or before the date anticipated.  Others can speak for themselves.  I think I have heard of at least one person who did not.  You might want to contact a management person.  When you get someone on the line, ask for their superior.

Honored Contributor

What does it matter what "in processing" means?  How could that possibly help you in a situation like this?  There is an estimated delivery date of 12/11 so, as a reasonable person, I would add 7 days to that and accept that I'll receive it before 12/18.  No, QVC is not going expedite shipping and you know that if you have been shopping with QVC.  QVC doesn't know when your item will ship because (and this is just a guess), the item is being shipped directly from the manufacturer so QVC has no control over the shipping.   

Honored Contributor

11/30 was just last Friday.  Today is only Tuesdady, so with the weekend involved, I'm not surprised it's still in process.  I'm sure you'll get it by the EDD.

New Contributor

Thank you for your comments. As I mentioned before, I have not shopped QVC in a long time and when I did it was over the phone (no email communication) and not for Christmas, hence the reason I reached out to this forum for help (not unhelpful comments). I think it is very reasonable to ask/wonder if QVC will still be able to uphold the EDD of 12/11 that they provided especially if they have not shipped it as of yet. It is also very reasonable to ask when my item will ship seeing as I purchased it from QVC and they are the ones that provided the EDD. If they dont want people asking about shipping, then perhaps they should just point us to the actual manufacturer if it is indeed shipping straight from the manufacturer as you mentioned in your post. This is no different from what I and other shoppers expect from Amazon, Target, Ebay, etc. Regarding Order Status, "In Process" could mean a multitude of things...in process of confirming product available to ship, in process of packaging/shipping, etc.
Esteemed Contributor

@MomOf4Kiddos - In the past year or two, orders have begun jumping to "In Process" status immediately after they are placed (unless they are advance orders). This allows QVC to update the amounts of spoken-for inventory in its systems and communicate order information to vendors so they can begin the fulfillment process.

One of the unfortunate effects of this approach (the other is the inability to change an order after it has been placed) is that orders are therefore marked as "In Process" for a week or more, depending on the vendor—so even though the overall processing and shipping time isn't much longer than it has been in the past, it can feel extra long when you think your order is about to ship at any moment based on the given status.

However, all that said, I've only had a couple of packages miss their EDD in the past year, and in those cases, I believe they only missed the EDD by two days at most. It may be frustrating to wait for your order to move to the "Shipped" status so you know it's on its way and can track its progress, but you can be fairly confident that your package will arrive on schedule.

Fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly, quickly, and well with your order!

New Contributor

I wish I would have read these replies before I made my order with qvc! This is a terrible shipping process, I only hope my item arrived at least before Christmas!!!