Regular Contributor

HELP! I went to check out & it defaulted to easy pay. When I went to edit, there were NO OPTIONS. First I couldn't get videos to play, now I have to use easy pay? WHAT IS GOING ON WITH QVC??????? I've heard them say the last couple of days that the phone lines are busy so use the online ordering. Now it makes sense. Others must be having troubles too.

QVC Customer Care

Re: HELP I don't want easy pay

Hi,

Where you see the easy pay option, in the blue box it says "edit". When you click on that you can change from easy pay to one time payment.  I hope this information is helpful.

Valued Contributor

Call customer service and ask to have your order changed to one time billing instead of easy pay.  

The new ordering system defaults automatically to easy pay UNLESS you change that during the step-by-step ordering process.  In other words, YOU have to check step-by-step ordering when ordering online (use CHECKOUT instead of SPEED BUY) and the when Billing shows up, YOU change the box from easy pay to regular one-time billing for that order.  Don't worry, customer service can fix this.  No problem.

Respected Contributor

@Paulette-QVC wrote:

Hi,

Where you see the easy pay option, in the blue box it says "edit". When you click on that you can change from easy pay to one time payment.  I hope this information is helpful.

@Paulette-QVC 

The default is for easy pay UNLESS you edit it to one-time payment.  This should be changed if you want to make ordering as easy as possible.

Honored Contributor

I would like to know why the default is EZPay,  there must be a reason 

I don't use it.  

Honored Contributor

Its amazing to me the amount of people that dont read whats on their screen.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

It's not good that the default is easy-pay.  My mother orders from QVC very occasionally and is liable not to notice that; and in fact she probably doesn't even know what "easy-pay" is  I should tell her not to place orders here any more.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Its amazing to me the amount of people that dont read whats on their screen.

Ok, it’s not hard, but to me making easy pay the default is unnecessary, and really makes zero sense.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I have several EZPay thoughts.

1.  AS I suspected before I even read everyone's replies to OP, there is a way to choose a one-time payment.   I expected that because at least for now, there are laws about this very kind of thing.

2.  I can't remember a time when I actually needed EZPay -  I'd just not order if I couldn't pay for what I was buying.   BUT--- I always take EZPay when it's offered-  somehow the cost of EZPay is figured into prices just as coupons, free shipping, etc. have to be.  It's just way more complicated than it seems when we look at one or two items at a time instead of the whole corporate picture..

Anyway, since I'm paying for it, I might as well leave a few dollars in the bank earrning interest even if it's just a few cents.  Other than having to check the EZPay option for my account at the beginning of a month, I've never figured out how I lose. 

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

I would like to know why the default is EZPay,  there must be a reason 

I don't use it.  

hi @jackthebear 

Maybe they have it default to easy pay because the majority of shoppers use and want that payment method. 

If you have selected or accepted the easy pay option, you can always go into your account and edit to one payment.

But if you choose one payment, you can't later change it to easy pay.