Esteemed Contributor

Re: HELP GET MY PACKAGE MOVING PLEASE!!

Wal-Mart has hoverboards. They are stating on their website order by 12/22 by 11AM PT and get two day free shipping. Why wait for the Q?  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Brenadean 

If not having that hoverboard is going to ruin Christmas, and your grandson is going to be crying, then I strongly suggest that you immediately go out and buy it locally.

That way, you won't have to worry and stress over Christmas day being ruined, and your grandson being inconsolable because it wasn't there.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

@sarahpanda:  I think this is QVC's out if there's a problem - this is listed above under receive by 12/25 & details.  After reading this last night I didn't place my order.  & I do hope the hoverboard does magically appear

Offer is not valid on orders for oversized items, or if we miss our promised delivery date because of unforeseen circumstances outside of our control, such as strike, natural disaster, or severe winter storm. Additional restrictions may apply

Esteemed Contributor

@Brenadean :I checked on Amazon; there are at least three hoverboards that are "Prime eligible".  If you purchased one of those boards your get it by Christmas if you order now!

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'm sorry this happened to you, I hope you can find one locally or another gift he will like.  But there is a lesson to be learned here although I expect we'll be reading stories like this next Christmas.  12/8 is MUCH to late to order a must have Christmas gift.  It's too risky because anything can happen and there's no wiggle room when it comes to time.  If you had ordered it on 11/8, there would have been time for an alternate plan.  It's not just QVC, it's true of all online retailers.  It's their busiest time of the year so we have to order early.   

You are right 12/8 is much too late to order a must have Christmas present from QVC. 

I have been placing orders with Amazon for the last week and have received everything so far.

Esteemed Contributor

The messed up thing is QVC probably knew they could not fullfill the order and they let it go through.  This has been an on-going issue for quite sometime.

@Brenadean- sorry this happened.  Some posters were helpful and mentioned trying locally to find the hoverboard.  One poster mentioned Walmart.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm so sorry that you will not be getting your order and you weren't notified of it sooner. I hope you are able to find a Hoverboard and have it in time for Christmas. I am still hearing the hosts as of the last 10 minutes saying they guarantee

that orders placed tonight will be recieved by Christmas and to order with confidence. I'm skeptical that will happen though 

New Contributor

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I have ordered several items items from QVC for Christmas and have gotten everyone of them as a matter of fact I have been ordering from them for several years and have only had one issue, I ordered a red patio umbrella and I received a red bakers rack, I called and they got my umbrella shipped asap but when I got it it was blue not red. They offered to send another one right out but I said I would just keep the blue one and they even gave me a $40 credit to my account that I was not expecting. So I really can't complain, I know it's Christmas and things happen. I did find hoverboard at Wal-Mart and it's even $12 cheaper but the downside is it's not on easy pay lol.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is terrible they never notified you. I noticed the banner at the top - they are still pushing guaranteed delivery by Christmas on certain items - but if you click on the details -it is only for "processed" orders. I've seen several threads about how long an order sits "in process". Disingenuous at best.

ETA I don't think December 8 is all that late to buy something that is allegedly in stock, and expect it by Christmas.