Occasional Contributor

HELP-Corky's Ribs received at 57.8*

[ Edited ]

RESOLVED SUNDAY GOT THROUGH TO 'CHAT LIVE'

Yestereday I received my order of Corky's ribs. They felt warmer than they should be so I took the surface temperatures of all 6 bags of ribs and they ranged between 47.7* and 57.8*. I have tried several times unsuccesfully to contact Customer Service via chat, email and phone. HELP! What should I do with these ribs that according to the USDA are above 40*(and I don't know how long they have been over 40*), and are therefore in the "danger zone."QVC states these should have been delivered in 2 days. Mine took 3. 

What should I do?

Valued Contributor

Re: HELP-Corky's Ribs received at 57.8*

throw them away, contact CS and get a refund.  No need to wonder if there worth eating, I'd say NO, if they arrived at that temperature. 

Valued Contributor

When in doubt throw it out. Dont eat ANYTHING you're not sure is safe. It's just not worth it.
Regular Contributor

That is what happened when I received my Authentic Gourmet Croissants about a week ago. Whatever is going on with UPS needs to be straightened out. It seems this is happening more and more. Items are getting shipped out in time but UPS is not processing them the way they should.

I couldn't get in touch by phone, of course, to CS but I emailed QVC and I received my refund.

Honored Contributor

@May5   UPS is so backed up they can't get their deliveries made.  I heard a company official this past week say they're busier than during holiday season.  Nobody foresaw or was prepared for the onslaught of online shopping.  Then in many parts of the country, May was much warmer than normal, hard on perishable orders.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@ljfc email QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com 

Regular Contributor

Thank you Kachina624. I think I will be canceling my autodelivery for June.

Esteemed Contributor

I threw out fish order this AM (trash pickup) because fish was thawed ....not even a dry ice bag, which would indicate there WAS ice when food was shipped.  Would not put a fork to it.  Trash it.

To reach CS - call order entry tel number - if automated tape comes on - press 0  (zero for operator live)..........when operator asks for your item number (she assumes you are ordering something)...........politely ask for CS

Works for me every time.

Occasional Contributor

HOPEFULLY RESOLVED!

Finally QVC Chat Live was working Sunday morning. CS is requesting a replacement shipment of the ribs WITH xtra dry ice!

Occasional Contributor

I agree. These are unprecidented times. I was running out of ways to get help. Usually QVC's Customer Service runs great and are very helpful. Could not contact by any means until today, Sunday. I don't feel this is anyone's fault, including UPS, these are difficult times for all.