Esteemed Contributor

Why have you blocked someone from giving me hearts on a post? I do not understand why this has happened. If you let me post why not let the people respond to my comment?

Honored Contributor

which post are you talking about?

i have never seen "them" block anyone from giving or receiving hearts.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

@elated wrote:

Why do they block people from giving you hearts on a post that you made? I don't understand if they let you post why not allow people to heart your post. Can someone explain?

Hi @elated

Everyone should be able to heart your posts. You just can't heart your own created posts. If you are able to share with me an example where someone cannot heart your post, please let me know so we can take a closer look. I hope my response answers your question.

Have a great weekend!

Respected Contributor

@elated, you are thinking that no one can heart your post because the heart on your post shows gray.  It shows gray only to you so that you cannot heart your own post.  However, your post shows red to everyone else so that everyone else can heart your post.

Respected Contributor

There is a "Heart" setting in your preferences where you can hide hearts and counts.

That's just an option. 

Is that what you mean?

Honored Contributor

another tip on giving hearts. make sure you let the page fully load before you attempt to give  a heart.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I just gave you a heart.  Nothing seemed to be blocking me.  Please let us know if you got it.

Trusted Contributor

@elated,  Hopefully, you are "elated" now - the posting of the Heart works ... looks like you have 2 Hearts.

One from  millieshops and me.   

Respected Contributor

I just gave you a heart, too, & it worked.

Honored Contributor

I doubt that's even possible.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment