Occasional Contributor

Grieving over my great buy on 2 JAI rings

I was so excited to get my QVC package today with my new JAI rings.  Then when I saw 2 Diamonique rings inside, I was in disbelief.  I had my packing slip but someone else's merchandise.  After calling customer service, I'm just sick to have learned that my JAI rings are no longer in the system, so even if they are returned, I won't be getting them.  It's so disappointing and seems so unfair that those rings can't be redirected to me.  What will happen to them if they are shipped back?  I felt like I heard that no one at QVC cares really.  I went from feeling like the luckiest QVC shopper ever (to notice the rings on sale) to the most insignificant QVC customer ever (when I found out nothing would be done to help me).  Really???  Is there nothing that can be done?

Spoiler

Respected Contributor

Re: Grieving over my great buy on 2 JAI rings

Dear Sheridan,

I see that you are new and so welcome.  Unfortunately, only a small percentage of QVC shoppers are actually on these forums and read these messages.

Also, QVC ensures the privacy of all posters.

I believe a part of the shipping process is automated and that is probably how the packing error occurred before shipment.

Since you received the wrong items you will receive a full refund.

Even though JAI always has a lot of new products, it appears you really had your heart set on those rings, and I can understand.

If the rings are sold out, they may reappear on the website once the other person returns them and then you can reorder them.  You will need to regularly check over the next several months.

However, if the rings are returned and not reposted, they will probably be sent to the two QVC outlet stores here in PA.  You can actually call the stores and see if they have any JAI rings, and if they are not too busy, they will check for you and perhaps hold them.  Unfortunately you have to go to the outlet stores in person.

Sometimes a shopping disappointment can be a mixed blessing and you may discover something you like even more in the future.  Take care!

Esteemed Contributor

This must be happening alot...

I received someone elses order TWICE in one month and I really son't order alot.....of coares both were not available anymore...

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper@Sheridan  

I'm not sure if Q's outlet stores policy has changed, but in the past I have called the outlet stores looking for a sold out item (usually Dooney & Bourke handbags) and when I successfully found the one I was looking for, they shipped it to me.

They've always been so nice and accommodating at the outlet stores and would check it out for me to be sure any included pieces were there, as well as the bag being in pristine condition.

I would at least call the outlets and ask if they still will ship the item to you.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

As a new poster here, you should be aware that multiple posts on the same topic will be deleted as well bringing up deleted posts, so this thread might disappear as well. Just a friendly heads up. Welcome to the boards 🙂.

Honored Contributor

Check under the item number several times a day.  If it was a high demand item they probably won't send it to the outlet.  So you still have a chance.  Returns at QVC are common.  

Respected Contributor

If you really want it and Q doesn't have it anymore check over on ebay. I usually find it there and if not do a "save search" and one will show up eventually and ebay will notify you. Good luck!

Occasional Contributor

Thanks, FancyPhillyShopper.