Valued Contributor

I am just so tapped out from the vicious circle of ridiculous spending. so per suggestion, i am going on a financial diet. getting rid of needless debt. which QVC happens to be one of them. I got gift certificates for Christmas which i was hoping to use to chisel down easy pay balances. and they said NO, you cannot do that. so i am trying to figure out a way to close the account. can you open a Q card and transfer the balances??? Im sure that would be too easy. they are getting their money so what the heck QVC?  I cannot wait to get this monkey off my back.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Going on a financial diet

Hi @so so I am so sorry, QVC Gift Cards can not be used for prior purchases, only new purchases.

Esteemed Contributor

So so -- what a great start to getting back to financial health. You've considered it -- you're committed to it -- and you'll love it by this time next year. Get everyone out of your wallet -- and find some peace. I just cancelled a vacation while sitting here talking to husband. We'll take that money and do upgrades around the house. We have another vacation planned, and will be content with one vacation this year. Just making the decision is a huge part of it. Good luck to you. Embrace it.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@so so Good for you.Stay strong!Pay off the balances that have the highest interest first and make minimum payments on the others.I have come to the point that I have too much stuff too.I don't have debt but I still am not happy with myself for all of the wasted money.I could have been more generous with helping others if I hadn't been so busy amassing all of this stuff.I am at the point where my stuff is not making me happy But instead causing distress....where to put it...how to use it ...how to organize it all so I remember what I have. Some of it I don't even understand why I bought it in the fist place.I though I bought deals and stocked up but i will now only purchase as needed.It isnt as much fun using up this stuff as it was buying it.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

so so wrote:

so i am trying to figure out a way to close the account. can you open a Q card and transfer the balances??? Im sure that would be too easy. they are getting their money so what the heck QVC?  

@so so

If you have a Q Card you can put the easy payments on it and pay the minimum payment, monthly statement balance, or pay off everything.  There is an option on the easy pays to transfer the balance from easy pay to any other credit card or payment method.  In using the Q Card if you pay only the minimum payment you may incur interest.  I pay the monthly statement in full each month and sometimes pay off smaller balances.  It's just like a Visa or other credit card; easy pays aren't "due" until they are added to your monthly Q Card bill. 

Hope this helps. 

Honored Contributor

Commit to a certain amount each month dedicated to paying this off and do it.  I think if it hurts, it will be a good reinforcement not to do it again.  

Respected Contributor

q gift cards.

holiday return policy is thru jan.

return a small but high dollar item and then buy it again with gift card.

silly.....yes, but is a work around for their policy.

yes you may be out a few dollars for shipping but if you have large gift cards it's better than keeping that debt and forced to purchase more in order to use gift cards.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

@so so  You could always sell your QVC gift cards at Gift Card Granny, Card Cash or some other sight.  You will not get the full face value, but not lose more than about 10%.

That small loss would probably be the same or close to what you would pay for s/h if you purchased something anyway. You can then pay your QVC  balance down.

Some Target stores also will buy gift cards in their electronic section which might be more convenient for you.

You can also purchase gift cards at a discount and save that way too.

Honored Contributor

My NY resolution was to not buy anything from the Q or any other shopping channel for 1 year. I have not ordered anything since the second week in December and it feels good. I was just spending money to spend money.

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99  That was my new year's resolution too - but I wasn't trying for a year, just for a quarter.  However, then Issac was on all day and I ordered several items - so much for that resolution!