Respected Contributor

Gift Cards Troubles Once Again

Our daughter once again ordered or tried to order a gift card for me for my birthday.  She ordered it this time for her Dad/my husband.  She did it directly by phone.  First they wrote down the incorrect email address to send the card to her so that she could send it to me.  After several attempts and several phone calls both to QVC and the company that issues the cards they seemed to have corrected the problem.

Tonight I tried to use the gift card to make a purchase and it was denied and told me to phone a certaqin number.  I phoned and was told that the card was already used!  I told them that no one used the card.  It was ordered on March 17th and given to me on March 19th as I said for my birthday.  I was then told that this has to be investigated and to phone them back in 5 to 7 days!  She charged the gift card for $250 and now I cannot use it!!!  I am wondering if she should call her credit card company and tell them the situation and have them deal with QVC or the company that issues the card.  Everytime she orders a QVC gift card she has problems.  I feel that I should not have to wait 5 to 7 days when the error is on their end!!!  Any suggestions on what we should do about this?

TIA

QVC Customer Care

Re: Gift Cards Troubles Once Again

@luvsbulldogs I'm so sorry to hear you were unable to use your gift card.  I will be happy to close the gift card you have and apply the funds to your account.  You can then apply the funds to any order of your choice.  Would you like that done? 

Esteemed Contributor

This happened to me yrs ago. My DIL gave me a Q gift Cd for Christmas  By the time Christmas came  and I received the card and went to buy something with it ,It said it was already used. They had credited  everything I had bought for my own Christmas shopping for other to the gift card ............nothing was left for me to buy the leather jacket I had wanted so much  Smiley Sad 

I got no notification  of a gift card on my acct nor did anyone mention I had one waiting for me.

That is why I NEVER GIVE QVC GIFT CARDS TO ANYONE!.

Respected Contributor

Thank you Wayne for your quick reply.  After several hours on the phone this morning it finally was all straightened out.  I was able to use some of the gift card after it was straightened out.  I should have checked on here first because I think after speaking with several people that is what they did. 

Thanks again Wayne.

QVC Customer Care

@luvsbulldogs You're so welcome!  Glad to hear it was all taken care of.  Have a great evening! 

My partner got me a Qvc gift card on Christmas in 2018 for $100 and I was excited, but I didn’t have a desire to buy anything till the june 2019. I went to Qvc website to purchase a item and the website said my gift card was used. I was shocked because I didn’t use it and my partner and I looked and said how was this possible. We thought maybe it had a experiation date but I called Qvc and they told my to contact the Qvc cash and they said my gift card was redeemed,by a woman we never heard of. I said please this is a fraudulent charge and they told me to call back Qvc for details. I called Qvc she says well we don’t have the power to do anything but take your info and they contact you and three weeks came by still  no response. I called back and was told that Qvc is not responsible but to dispute with your credit card.  It’s a shame that Qvc doesn’t has a fraudulent charge department. Hopefully my partner bank can fix this I know it’s been months since he bought it. Shame on Qvc.

Respected Contributor

How do strangers get access to a gift card they don’t physically own? Do they hack into a gift card database?