New Contributor
Hello everyone. I bought 2 $100 gift cards today for my mother. When she went to make the purchase it was showing the cards had a $0 balance. I literally bought them this afternoon. I called both QVC and cashstar but they both have been no help each saying to call the other. QVC said they will escalate but it will take up 5-7 business days. I don’t have time to waste. It was suppose to be a birthday gift and now she gets nothing while we wait. Never bought from QVC before and this was not a great introduction. So frustrating.
Super Contributor

I'm guessing your payment has to clear first. Probably okay tomorrow. 

Respected Contributor

The $0.00 balance is supposed to mean that all the money has been applied to the chosen QVC account. Check if there's credit on that account.

Something that's different with gift cards from QVC as opposed to other retailers is that the entire balance of the gift card is changed to an account credit, and thus you pay with account credit, not the gift card.

New Contributor
They said there was no credit in my account. Neither QVC or CashStar could explain why it wasn’t working. They would just say to call the other.
Honored Contributor

@Laqjr2004 wrote:
They said there was no credit in my account.

@Laqjr2004 

If the $$$ does not show up tomorrow............

Suggest you send an email to:  QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

Include your ORDER NUMBER and/or gift card receipt copy in the email.  The  MODS will sort this out for you.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Laqjr2004, if this was your first purchase with QVC, and it was for gift cards, the amount was $200, and being sent to someone other than the purchaser, then I think @shoechic is probably correct. Although it was an innocent sounding purchase to you, there are aspects that send up red flags and I'm sure QVC is just doing due diligence for you to insure it's not a fraudulent charge.

Esteemed Contributor

@Laqjr2004 wrote:
Hello everyone. I bought 2 $100 gift cards today for my mother. When she went to make the purchase it was showing the cards had a $0 balance. I literally bought them this afternoon. I called both QVC and cashstar but they both have been no help each saying to call the other. QVC said they will escalate but it will take up 5-7 business days. I don’t have time to waste. It was suppose to be a birthday gift and now she gets nothing while we wait. Never bought from QVC before and this was not a great introduction. So frustrating.

@Laqjr2004  everyone so far has had trouble with Cashstar.

Please do what @Mz iMac  suggested in her Post and get in touch with the Moderators @QVCsocialteam@QVC.com.