Frequent Contributor

Garmin VivoSmart broken buckle!

Has anyone else had this problem?   I purchased the TSV Garmin VivoSmart HR for my sons birthday.   He took great care of it, but a month later, the buckle broke, but the pin was still intact!  Now, he has to fasten the Garmin to his wrist with a safety pin.   Smiley Sad  

It is too late to exchange it, but will customer service honor the 1 year warranty, or do I have to go directly thru Garmin?  Thanks for any help!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Garmin VivoSmart broken buckle!

If it is more than 30 days since you received it, it is outside of QVC's return period.  If it has a one-year manufacturer's warranty, you should contact Garmin directly for repair or replacement.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @rozio

Sorry to hear about the Garmin, those are good questions. Typically after the 30 day return period we would ask that you work through the manufacturer if there is a warranty. That said, if you are unable to find resolution with Garmin, we can certainly step in and assist you. I've pasted in Garmin's warranty contact information in below, but like I said, please don't hesitate to post back to us if you are unable to come to a resolution! We're here to help! Smiley Happy 

Phone: 1-800-800-1020 M-T 8am-6pm, Fri. 8am-5pm CST (closed holidays)
Web site: www.garmin.com 

Brittany 

Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much Brittany!    I will contact Garmin tomorrow and hopefully the issue will be resolved!  Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

well....called garmin.   no warranty on the band, but they do offer a repair for $89!   Thats almost as much as I paid for the whole product!   I guess we will just keep using the safety pin to attach it!

QVC Customer Care

@rozio wrote:

well....called garmin.   no warranty on the band, but they do offer a repair for $89!   Thats almost as much as I paid for the whole product!   I guess we will just keep using the safety pin to attach it!

@rozio

Please send me an email to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com so I may assist you with this!

Beth QVC