Super Contributor

GNC - can't order if you live in CA??

Just watching Mary Beth present the GNC meal replacement, went to go look at it and in red letters.. Cannot Ship to California..  No explanation anywhere...  WHY not CA?  If you can't ship to CA, it would be nice to see a reason why....   Not happy.....

Occasional Contributor

Re: GNC - can't order if you live in CA??

GNC website says the same thing - cannot ship to CA.

Honored Contributor

@jobeegirl wrote:

GNC website says the same thing - cannot ship to CA.

@jobeegirl SO many silly comments I can think of!  SO many ways to get poofed or banned!  Woman Embarassed  I am a bad bad girl.  But not that bad. . . Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Sunniegirl CA has restrictions on certain items and if you do an internet search you can easily find the information.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sunniegirl wrote:

Just watching Mary Beth present the GNC meal replacement, went to go look at it and in red letters.. Cannot Ship to California..  No explanation anywhere...  WHY not CA?  If you can't ship to CA, it would be nice to see a reason why....   Not happy.....

@Sunniegirl   @jobeegirl 

I live in CA and the first thing that comes to mind is Prop 65.  This was on a ballot and voters voted for it.  This law was passed many years ago, and you should have seen the signs in stores, etc, because it's all over the place.   You really can't miss it.

MY guess is that the shakes have some preservative or flavoring or other ingredient that causes cancer.  

The nutshell explanation:

"What is Proposition 65? Proposition 65 requires businesses to provide warnings to Californians about significant exposures to chemicals that cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. These chemicals can be in the products that Californians purchase, in their homes or workplaces, or that are released into the environment."

Having said all that .... it would be nice to see what a QVC rep has to say about it.

Honored Contributor

@Sunniegirl   What are you not happy about -  that CA law doesn't accept that product or that CA has the law and QVC chooses not to violate it?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Sunniegirl wrote:

@Sunniegirl   @jobeegirl 

I live in CA and the first thing that comes to mind is Prop 65.  This was on a ballot and voters voted for it.  This law was passed many years ago, and you should have seen the signs in stores, etc, because it's all over the place.   You really can't miss it.

MY guess is that the shakes have some preservative or flavoring or other ingredient that causes cancer.  

"What is Proposition 65? Proposition 65 requires businesses to provide warnings to Californians about significant exposures to chemicals that cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. These chemicals can be in the products that Californians purchase, in their homes or workplaces, or that are released into the environment."

Having said all that .... it would be nice to see what a QVC rep has to say about it.

The above doesn't say that you couldn't BUY an item deemed cancerous, only that it must contain the warning.  So, I guess GNC refuses to put such a warning on their products. Since I don't know who gets to decide what ingredients go on the list or exactly how they come to that conclusion, I'm okay with that.  

Occasional Contributor

ENVIRONMENT AL RESEARCH CENTER, Case No. RG 190240243
INC., a non-profit California corporation   vs. GNC

Lead in ingredients

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Sunniegirl wrote:

@Sunniegirl   @jobeegirl 

@Tinkrbl44    Either that or a vendor has refused to complete the paperwork necessary to certitify a product.  That happened several times at QVC. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@jobeegirl wrote:

ENVIRONMENT AL RESEARCH CENTER, Case No. RG 190240243
INC., a non-profit California corporation   vs. GNC

Lead in ingredients

@jobeegirl 

A meal replacement with lead in it?   Huh.