Honored Contributor

Re: GIFT EXCHANGER BEWARE! (and a rude customer service rep!)

[ Edited ]

Gift receipients can return items that were a gift and get a QVC credit so I'm not sure why the recipient can't make an even exchange.  

Just because someone has never had the experience of a CS being rude, don't assume it doesn't happen.  I've had a rude CS rep before.  Very rude.  

As far as their working conditions, I believe some of them work out of their home.  I saw an ad on-line once that HSN was hiring CS reps and it was a work from home position. 

Esteemed Contributor

@lmo76  Wow! I am so sorry to read about your recent customer service experience, and certainly empathize at how defeated you must feel. I think the information the CS rep offered, was correct per their policy, and hope this unpleasant experience will be a distant memory for you soon. Sometimes we just need to vent, and I'm glad this opportunity was here for you.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The point is the CS agent was wrong and @lmo76 is right for being frustrated that QVC's agents are not trained properly. 

Also, the CS agent became rude.  A "no no" for customer service agents.  No excuses!  They are supposed to be trained how to deescalate angry and frustrated customers?   It's the retailer's responsibility to smooth things over and make the customer happy.  

We heard about rude CS agents here before.  OPs have been accused of being rude...they are blamed for CS agents rude reaction.  See second paragraph.  

Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately you were given incorrect information from the first CSR.  QVC had no proof the purchaser gifted you the shoes or they were stolen by a porch pirate, therefore they had to be shipped to the original address.  They offered a credit which is a surprise since they shipped the replacement shoes.  If that is correct and you accept  they will issue the credit to whatever method of payment was used.

There is never a time rude service is acceptable and I'm sorry for your experience. 

Honored Contributor

Sorry  you had this experience @lmo76 .  There is no excuse for a CS rep to be rude to a customer.  I understand mistakes can happen, but there is NO exuse at all for a rep to have treated you like that.  It's a hit or miss on getting a polite rep at the Q.