Valued Contributor

@Susan in California wrote:

@Chicagoan 

The same thing happened to me with an order for 

D & C pedal pushers.

I noticed the item had not shipped for 10 days, so I

called.  It was advanced shipping at the end of June.

This was an impulse buy that I wasn't too sure would

work for me, so I just cancelled the order.

Everything else has arrived in a timely fashion.

Yeah, Originally QVC was telling people they would be shipped out on June 15th - now it says I should receive them around June 24th (but yet QVC has now charged my Credit Card for them).

Esteemed Contributor

@debfau wrote:

@Susan in California wrote:

@Chicagoan 

The same thing happened to me with an order for 

D & C pedal pushers.

I noticed the item had not shipped for 10 days, so I

called.  It was advanced shipping at the end of June.

This was an impulse buy that I wasn't too sure would

work for me, so I just cancelled the order.

Everything else has arrived in a timely fashion.

Yeah, Originally QVC was telling people they would be shipped out on June 15th - now it says I should receive them around June 24th (but yet QVC has now charged my Credit Card for them).

I thought that the Q didn't charge until they shipped @debfau 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@busymom22 wrote:

I dont blame you, OP, for being upset.  QVC has been pulling this bait and switch lately. You order in good faith thinking your item will be shipped within a week only to find that it was an advanced order.  Many of us would not order if we knew this information ahead of time.

And I call baloney on the "pandemic excuse".  It's been well over a year now and other companies have been able to get their acts together.  I ordered a pair of shoes from Macy's and to my shock 4 days later they arrived.

QVC knows their inventory. This is a convenient way to make more sales and lock in people's money.

@busymom22    You need to Google "bait and switch scheme".  As many people do, you've used the example incorrectly.  The way an online retailer is structured, they couldn't do this if they wanted to, however, Walgreens is famous for it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@debfau    QVC never charges your cc until your order ships.  They, like most merchants, do a pre-authorization which drops off after a few days but no charge. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Furious and Fuming!

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@debfau    QVC never charges your cc until your order ships.  They, like most merchants, do a pre-authorization which drops off after a few days but no charge. 

They did the pre-authorization charge back on May 28th when I placed the original order but the other day I noticed the amount that would be the easy-pay was posted to my credit card on Thurs/Fri and they claim it won't ship until Tues (tomorrow), so something is already being charged to my card.

Respected Contributor

My SIL's job is logistics and overseas shipping and she told us all the problems that exist now, and some of the history... Before the pandemic, there were multiple ships coming in partially filled with pallets of goods.  During the pandemic, there were fewer ships coming in with goods due to illness. Well now, companies realized the savings of fewer ships that are completely filled, so they hold off shipping until the boat is filled, causing delays and delays.  And this has become the new standard.  That's how I understand it... Not much anyone can do about it. 

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

My SIL's job is logistics and overseas shipping and she told us all the problems that exist now, and some of the history... Before the pandemic, there were multiple ships coming in partially filled with pallets of goods.  During the pandemic, there were fewer ships coming in with goods due to illness. Well now, companies realized the savings of fewer ships that are completely filled, so they hold off shipping until the boat is filled, causing delays and delays.  And this has become the new standard.  That's how I understand it... Not much anyone can do about it. 

@Skyegirl21    Very interesting.  Your sister must be a candidate for a nervous breakdown.  People have no idea what's going on in international transportation.  There's nothing in the news about it but it sure is affecting commerce. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

I think now that most places are opening up the competition factor will come back once production gets back to normal.  People won't tolerate delayed shipping if other companies can do it faster.

Contributor

Re: Furious and Fuming!

[ Edited ]

My returns from around June 11th didn't get picked up from my local PO for a week & they are moving at a snail's pace. I guess they wait until their 3rd party carrier has a full truck! I think it's the same sending out items. They wait for a tracor trailer full to your area.