Respected Contributor

Re: Furious and Fuming!

[ Edited ]

I have had no trouble with Amazon and deliveries.  I just ordered for son and grandson items I could have gotten from QVC, but I just couldn't depend on them arriving before Fathers Day and Graduation.   I ordered their items on Wednesday and they were delivered on Saturday.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm going to go out on a limb and say QVC won't lose any sleep if they lose you as a customer, so I doubt harumpfing over how much you spend isn't going to do any good. 

Honored Contributor

Its true that QVC's communications with customers is about as poor as it could possibly be.  They give a lot of information to stockholders at meetings but almost nothing to customers, which is an atrocity.  I don't know what has to happen for them to wake up. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@GenXmuse...  anyone who has ever owned or managed a business knows the value of a Client/Customer base, each and every customer is of immense value and losing even one client/customer is one too many!

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chicagoan 

Whatever the world crisis is becomes QVCs excuse for everything...sad but true!!!

The Q and their vendors are "laughing all the way to the bank" with our $$$ IMO...the hosts/vendors certainly know when presenting these items if they are immediately available.

For me, I don't order anything I need in a specific time frame because it's only disappointing when "in stock -- order submitted" and then shows "preparing order" yet that could be days OR then switched to "advance order" & you can't cancel -- of course, our $$$$ is on hold then make one go thru the return process for something you couldn't get in the first place and still have our $$$😡.  

Interestingly other retailers say order placed expect in 7-10 days and its here w/in 5...so it's time for QVC to step it up for their customers!!!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I dont blame you, OP, for being upset.  QVC has been pulling this bait and switch lately. You order in good faith thinking your item will be shipped within a week only to find that it was an advanced order.  Many of us would not order if we knew this information ahead of time.

And I call baloney on the "pandemic excuse".  It's been well over a year now and other companies have been able to get their acts together.  I ordered a pair of shoes from Macy's and to my shock 4 days later they arrived.

QVC knows their inventory. This is a convenient way to make more sales and lock in people's money.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Oceanic shipping and overseas manufacturing are both very tenuous at present with many unavoidable delays on new merchandise.  If you've got a deadline for needing an item, probably best to shop in a store.  This is not the result of inefficiency but is a sign of the times and is unavoidable.  Many retailers have old or limited merchandise for this reason. 

@Kachina624 

Perhaps a brief note of apology and a thank you for your patience would go a long way in assuaging anger customers are feeling.

I just received a package from Macy's that took 12 days to get to me. I tracked it daily while it sat in a nearby suburb probably 8 miles away for 5 days. To me that is unacceptable. 

I agree and am enduring a similar situation with Macy's right now. Unfortunate, because I always felt their shipping was reasonably consistent. While there might be lots of valid reasons for delays involving manufacturing, this delay is due to their now throwing in with this ridiculous shipping model, whereby UPS hands packages off to the USPS, where they sit for several additional days before someone, if all goes well and they don't get lost in the process, delivers them. I hope stores using this model really are saving a bucket load of money. They're going to need it if a sufficient number of customers get fed up with shoddy customer service and decide to walk away...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@busymom22 wrote:

I dont blame you, OP, for being upset.  QVC has been pulling this bait and switch lately. You order in good faith thinking your item will be shipped within a week only to find that it was an advanced order.  Many of us would not order if we knew this information ahead of time.

And I call baloney on the "pandemic excuse".  It's been well over a year now and other companies have been able to get their acts together.  I ordered a pair of shoes from Macy's and to my shock 4 days later they arrived.

QVC knows their inventory. This is a convenient way to make more sales and lock in people's money.

@busymom22  Is this type of thing legal? It doesn't sound it to me. Maybe some legal action needs to be taken.

Respected Contributor

There is no bait and switch. Do people understand what that term means? Doesn't seem like it.

Time and time again there are complaints about items not shipping in a timely manner. Yet time and time again I've been aware, because it's been stated in the presentation and on the graphics, that those items are an advance order. 

Anyone who thinks other companies aren't experiencing delays with their deliveries must be living a charmed life. Once again Amazon has pushed back my delivery dates. Estimates are estimates.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Etoile308 wrote:

There is no bait and switch. Do people understand what that term means? Doesn't seem like it.

Time and time again there are complaints about items not shipping in a timely manner. Yet time and time again I've been aware, because it's been stated in the presentation and on the graphics, that those items are an advance order. 

Anyone who thinks other companies aren't experiencing delays with their deliveries must be living a charmed life. Once again Amazon has pushed back my delivery dates. Estimates are estimates.

I say "bait and switch" because when you order something that says " in stock", and there is NO mention of it being on advanced order in the presentation so you order it anyway, that is false advertising. This has happened to me twice where advanced order was never mentioned nor was it listed as such online. Because if it was, I would have never ordered.

If something is advanced order that is ok, just say it ahead of time.  I've happily ordered items this way knowing I would have to wait. QVC needs to change their website to reflect this.  But as it is more and more items are presented as "in stock" which has always meant "ready to ship". Enough of us order and get our money locked up only to have to wait a long time (if we even get our items).