Valued Contributor

Furious and Fuming!

[ Edited ]

Long long time QVC customer and have spent a small fortune on QVC purchases over the many years.  
Furious with QVC's shipping and processing, on June 4th, I ordered 3 Isaac Mizrahi tops (A398805) for my vacation, later as I was still watching QVC I see the tops are now in advance order status, however, my tops were not in advance order and the status does not show advance order.  Six days later I call QVC to find out why my purchase doesn't show status as processing or Shipped, I was told the shipping date is not until July 9th.... WHAT?!?!

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Honored Contributor

Oceanic shipping and overseas manufacturing are both very tenuous at present with many unavoidable delays on new merchandise.  If you've got a deadline for needing an item, probably best to shop in a store.  This is not the result of inefficiency but is a sign of the times and is unavoidable.  Many retailers have old or limited merchandise for this reason. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Furious and Fuming!

[ Edited ]

Apparently, something wasn't present to complete the full piece of clothing.  Of course they will make as much money as they can.

We have had a pandemic as well as a high jacked gas pipeline (that have effected everything).

Honored Contributor

There should have been an advanced order notice that was clear to customers. Sorry you have been thrown a curveball by QVC.

Trusted Contributor

@Chicagoan 

The same thing happened to me with an order for 

D & C pedal pushers.

I noticed the item had not shipped for 10 days, so I

called.  It was advanced shipping at the end of June.

This was an impulse buy that I wasn't too sure would

work for me, so I just cancelled the order.

Everything else has arrived in a timely fashion.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Apparently, something wasn't present to complete the full piece of clothing.  Of course they will make as much money as they can.

We have had a pandemic as well as a high jacked pipeline (that have effected everything).

@ECBG    High jacked pipeline?  What are you talking about? 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

We have had a pandemic as well as a high jacked pipeline (that have effected everything).

@ECBG    High jacked pipeline?  What are you talking about? 

@Kachina624 

I was referring to when, a few weeks ago, we all had gas and transport (of everything) issues because of the gas line hackers.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG    Not having been affected, the first thing that came to mind was the Keystone project and I could figure out what that had to do with anything.  Now I get it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Oceanic shipping and overseas manufacturing are both very tenuous at present with many unavoidable delays on new merchandise.  If you've got a deadline for needing an item, probably best to shop in a store.  This is not the result of inefficiency but is a sign of the times and is unavoidable.  Many retailers have old or limited merchandise for this reason. 

@Kachina624 

Perhaps a brief note of apology and a thank you for your patience would go a long way in assuaging anger customers are feeling.

I just received a package from Macy's that took 12 days to get to me. I tracked it daily while it sat in a nearby suburb probably 8 miles away for 5 days. To me that is unacceptable. 

Valued Contributor

I purchase something from QVC several times a month, believe me they do-not want to loose me as their customer!  I am fully aware of overseas shipping problems getting new merchandise in!  My problem with QVC is don't sell me a product that you don't have in your possession yet, unless, you specify that!!  Also when I purchased my 3 tops there was no mention of advanced orders.  It wasn't until later in the day they presented the item the second time as advanced order.  Customers purchasing at that time were fully aware they were purchasing product with a delayed shipping.  I did not purchase an advanced order and my order status does not specify advance order.  I have purchased advanced order products and the order status specifys advance order date.  This is poor customer service, they could have informed me of the delay problem!  

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you