New Contributor

Frustrated with Q Card and Synchrony Bank and QVC Customer Service

Frustrated beyond frustrated. I am hoping someone can help me with a problem that has been going on since September.  It came to my attention that while shopping in a QVC retail store in Frazer, PA my Q Card was swiped twice and told the machines were down (there were major computer problems the day I was shopping in August) so it did not work.  I was asked to provide a different payment method and it went through fine.  Imagine my surprise when two charges back to back showed up on my Q Card.  No one can help me.  I have been in a dispute nightmare since September.  I sent the required proof of payment.  Still nothing.  I was told they had the proof.  Then I was told they didn't have the proof.  Usually the problem is solved within 60 days.  I am going on 75 plus.  Countless customer service people have been friendly but of no help.  I was eventually sent to the dispute number, but they won't deal with people directly.  I tried reaching out to QVC and was told to contact the bank. The bank just keeps giving me the runaround.  I am disappointed that QVC cannot help me get this problem resolved.  This is not the first time when I have had an issue ( once with a faulty product) that QVC passes off the problem  "Nothing they can do".  This is not a small dollar amount issue.  Over 700 dollars was charged to my Q Card.  A loyal custmoer should be treated with more respect.  Thinking twice before I continue to shop QVC.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Frustrated with Q Card and Synchrony Bank and QVC Customer Service

[ Edited ]

Oh Carrie...how awful for you and I agree,  $700 is not a small amount of money...I know it has nothing to do with your bank but maybe you could go in and ask someone there what your options are and maybe someone that understands the system will offer to help you or at least lead you in the right direction to resolve this and get you your money back. I'm so sorry for you Smiley Sad  I hope you are not being charged interest on this while it is in dispute.

Honored Contributor

@Carrie 0721 

Wow, what a nightmare!

You may want to email the QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com.

They're usually very quick to respond!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Synchrony is a REAL PAIN.   I changed all my accounts that use it, back  to Visa...............EXCEPT Chevron, who charges 5¢ per gal extra if you don't use "their" card.    Had a real challenge with the gas card.....got charged for 30 gals of "regular".   My car doesn't take regular, and it sure doesn't hold 30 gals.    SYNCHRONY said I was -- more or less -- a THIEF when I brought it to their attention.   I called CHEVRON headquarters and got action...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Carrie 0721.  I would contact your states Attorney General's office.  They all have a consumer fraud division.  Ask for their advice on what your next step should be.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Doesn't a store have to keep a the original receipt with your signature. I'd call the outlet store or can you go there in person.  If that doesn't do anything, I'd go back to synchrony and ask them to provide the signed reciepts.  Next would be BBB.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Synchrony is a REAL PAIN.   I changed all my accounts that use it, back  to Visa...............EXCEPT Chevron, who charges 5¢ per gal extra if you don't use "their" card.    Had a real challenge with the gas card.....got charged for 30 gals of "regular".   My car doesn't take regular, and it sure doesn't hold 30 gals.    SYNCHRONY said I was -- more or less -- a THIEF when I brought it to their attention.   I called CHEVRON headquarters and got action...........

I don't like Synchrony either...I don't trust them!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I just cancelled the Q card...checked my other accounts and they're with Comenity~

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

I too would contact the outlet and see if they can provide you with something that shows your transactions didn't go through and were canceled or denied.  Send those in to Synchrony.

New Contributor

Thank you so much for your comment to contact the QVC Social Team.  They put me in touch with the store and they helped me fix the problem.  They knew there was a problem and couldn't trace it to a customer.  Less than 4 hours after contacting them it has been resolved.  Thank you!!!!!