Valued Contributor

On Free Shipping day, I ordered an item on line and I had the option of priority or off shore shipping...no free shipping. I called Customer Service and the agent said the shipping would not appear after I placed the order. I placed the order, and the shipping charge WAS included. The agent was still on the phone with me and said she would remove the shipping charge as a courtesy, which I appreciated. However, if Q is not offering free shipping to all 50 states, please put that on your web site instead of misleading customers. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Free shipping to Alaska?!?

@Day1128 QVC never includes AK or HI on free shipping days. It’s in the small, “restrictions” print. I’ve simply grown used to it & if I really must have the item, I pay the shipping. I’ve maxed out my wish list with items, hoping some day WE will be included on free shipping days.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's says its not included in the restrictions portion.

Honored Contributor

I know the shipping to you is extremely high, but every time that comes up I mean to ask -  isn't the oil money Alaskans get meant to assist with the high costs of living in your state?  

This is a sincere question -  especially because I'm not at all sure how that money is dispensed or just who actually gets it.

Valued Contributor

Thanks....I didn't see that. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks for asking.....

The permanent fund distribution is based on how well the oil money is coming in. Lower oil prices everywhere else means not as much money in the reserves for distribution. It does help some with income up here, but we pay taxes on it, and the amount varies year to year. And rents and utiities are often much higher. Even with that money being distributed, there is controversy about how the money should be spent in the state budget and whether there should be a permanent fund. 

A resident has to meet certain requirements to receive the money....live here a certain amount of time, not be gone from the state more than a certain # of days each year, and then we reapply each year. 

My issue with shipping charges to Alaska is that Q used to not charge more to send to Alaska and Hawaii and a few years ago they started charging almost double. Many shippers now are not charging extra to ship here, so a lot of us up here are choosing other shippers than those who charge more.