Contributor

Free shipping on exchanges? It is taking way too long !!!

I am really quite annoyed about the length of time it is taking for my return to make it back to QVC. Mailed something back on 12/16/19 from North Carolina and QVC still has not received it. I have my receipt from the post office with a tracking number. QVC says they can tell the package is in Atlanta. This was a gift to myself and not someone else. But something is very wrong with this return process!! Anyone else have this experience??
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Free shipping on exchanges? It is taking way too long !!!

Perhaps someone on here can explain.......I thought I read Q uses a 'private' carrier to take returns back to their facility.  Perhaps waiting to collect a bunch of packages at a time.  Less expensive than using US mail.

I return little but last time - my credit wasn't applied until 3 weeks after item had been received.

QVC Customer Care

@jrcnc We've sent you an email. Cindy

Respected Contributor

@jrcnc wrote:
I am really quite annoyed about the length of time it is taking for my return to make it back to QVC. Mailed something back on 12/16/19 from North Carolina and QVC still has not received it. I have my receipt from the post office with a tracking number. QVC says they can tell the package is in Atlanta. This was a gift to myself and not someone else. But something is very wrong with this return process!! Anyone else have this experience??

Same here.  I received a sweater in early December and promptly sent it back (within 2 days) to exchange for another size (took it in to the post office in person).  I got an email on 12/20 that they have a notice of it being returned.  The email said I would receive another email when it was received.  Are you kidding me, they haven't received it by NOW?!?!  I think they purposely put off handling these hoping that the item will sell out and they won't have to spring to ship another in order to fulfill their "promise" of "free" exchanges. 

Trusted Contributor

@jrcnc 

I agree! We should be able to go online & request our exchange. It should be shipped immediately. Realistically you are looking at a month before you receive the exchanged item. Often the item sells out before your return is processed. If you could go online & order your replacement you would know right then if it’s available. What if the color you received looked different on TV? Or you didn’t like the scent? Maybe there’s a couple options you might like. It would be nice to see right then & there what is in stock & know it’s on the way to you. Instead of waiting a couple weeks, or longer, to find out the item sold out before your return was processed. 

I did an exchange on HSN a year or so ago. They made it so easy. Shipped my new sizes immediately. I wasn’t charged for the replacements as long as my returns were received by a certain timeframe. I think it was 30 days? Much easier way to exchange. 

Esteemed Contributor

I had to write an email to Q today regarding 3 items I returned using their label. The tracking number shows ”Delivered to Agent on 12/23/19. and still no word from the Q. In contrast, I ordered an item from HSN on 12/30. Received it in 3 days. It didn t work out. I returned it the next day and in another 3 days I had a return and refund confirmation from HSN. How is it possible HSN can do such quick turnarounds and the Q can’t