Frequent Contributor

Free exchanges when sold out?

I imagine this has been addressed somewhere on here before, but when the hosts keep stressing free exchanges, but then for instance the size you need is sold out, how is that supposed to work? Sometimes for something I really want I order one in each size and then have to return one because I can see they're going to sell out. Can someone please explain how this is supposed to work? It would be nice to know for future ordering.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Free exchanges when sold out?

I had the exact same thought. I wanted to order 2 different colors of the Tolani tops and they started selling out, so I ended up ordering 4 tops because I was unsure of the sizes. Now, I will be stuck paying 4 x shipping and handling and then return fees. So yes, how exactly does this exchange work??

Honored Contributor

What's your policy for exchanges?

If you're not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, our return policy allows you to send back returns-eligible merchandise within 30 days of the date you received the package for an exchange. Simply use the Q Return Label within 30 days of receipt to return your item for a free replacement of the same item in a different color or size. If your request for an exchange results in any additional merchandise or shipping costs, and you paid by credit card, your credit card will be charged for those additional costs. Payment methods other than a credit card may result in an order cancellation & a refund may be issued. If the requested exchange is no longer available, including items on waitlist and advance order, QVC will issue a refund and not deduct the Q Return Label fee.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

Ironically I jst got off the phone with CS about this very issue!  So, IMHO the return policy is a JOKE!  I returned the item on 3/18 and I always call to make sure they "note" my account and here it is 3/30 and NOTHING, Not even the credit for the returnrd item.  The more than apologetic CS just ordered me my so called exchange item gave me the easy pays and credited my Q card.   So the moral of the story DO NOT EXCHANGE ANYTHING!!!!!   I was lucky my item was still available which is not always the case.

HSN on the otherhand is very efficient as soon as your item is scanned at USPS they send your exchange out to you.  Isn't that the way it is suppose to be!!!  QVC take note!!!!

Regular Contributor

I have had luck with exchanges .No problem. If they no longer have it they DO NOT charge me the shipping nor the return label fee .That's their policy as stated above  so I get refunded the FULL amount.  

Honored Contributor

Ditto what @Leelee1123 said. I’ve never had issues with the free exchange policy, either.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
QVC Customer Care

@joanluvz 

If you return an item for an exchange and it is not available, we should not charge you then for the return. If an error occurs, please let our Mods know and we will certainly credit you the charge.

Beth QVC

Frequent Contributor

If you see the replies below, basically if you really want the item you have to do like you and I have both done, which I'm going to quit doing because I'm paying way too much in return fees anymore. The exchange policy only works if they still have what you want in stock, which is very often not the case. I guess we just need to be aware of that before ordering. I always used to LOVE the fact I could count on QVC and their sizing because I absolute hate the process of trying on clothes in stores.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your reply, Beth. I'm not as much concerned about a fee being processed incorrectly as just not being able to get an item I really want. Thanks again for clarifying.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leelee1123 wrote:

I have had luck with exchanges .No problem. If they no longer have it they DO NOT charge me the shipping nor the return label fee .That's their policy as stated above  so I get refunded the FULL amount.  

@Leelee1123  There is obvious inconsistency depending what is returned where for an exchange.  I have experienced poor service regarding exchanges due to incompetency on the part of the return department refunding even when the item in stock and available for exchange.  Then, when the item was refunded, all shipping to and return for exchange was deducted from the refund.... then I had to contact CS for them to fix the incompetency of the return dept, meaning a reorder of the item wanted to be exchanged, and a refund of the return shipping charges.  Unbelievable incompetency!