New Contributor

Fraud Department UnResponsive

My QVC account was hacked and the criminal ordered a gaming laptop using 4 payments and my PayPal account.  I reported the issue immediately to QVC, Paypal, my bank and UPS because the criminal also set up access to UPS Choice and re-routed the package prior to delivery.

QVC canceled the three remaining payments but have not refunded PayPal the $733 initial payment.

Paypal is now coming after me for that amount.  Since I cannot get a call back from the QVC fraud department and can only get through to customer service via chat  I am now turning to file a police report and naming QVC as a part of the theft since this all happened because of having a QVC account.

Hoping by reporting this situation here I can get someone to share suggestions on how to get this matter properly resolved.  

And as a warning, don't use PayPal with your QVC account.

Thanks,

Honored Contributor

Re: Fraud Department UnResponsive

@customerliz 

That is just awful!  Situations like this do take a great deal of time to be resolved.

QVC is not part of the theft.  Your issue for the refund is with Paypal.

They should be giving you the refund.  They then chargeback QVC for the amount they refunded you.

QVC is the vendor

Paypal is the Lender

You are the victim.

It scrolls backwards for resolution.

QVC does not issue victims refunds for theft.  The lender (in this case Paypal) does and then hits it back to the vendor.

Paypal is who you need to go after.  Sadly, filing a Police Report will not really do a thing.

Someone charged 5 Iphones to my Visa account once.  We caught it and had the thieves ship to address.  It was 1/2 block from the Precinct.  No one would do anything.

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@customerliz 

That is just awful!  Situations like this do take a great deal of time to be resolved.

QVC is not part of the theft.  Your issue for the refund is with Paypal.

They should be giving you the refund.  They then chargeback QVC for the amount they refunded you.

QVC is the vendor

Paypal is the Lender

You are the victim.

It scrolls backwards for resolution.

QVC does not issue victims refunds for theft.  The lender (in this case Paypal) does and then hits it back to the vendor.

Paypal is who you need to go after.  Sadly, filing a Police Report will not really do a thing.

Someone charged 5 Iphones to my Visa account once.  We caught it and had the thieves ship to address.  It was 1/2 block from the Precinct.  No one would do anything.

I've had similar issues with my credit card being hacked (twice in a year). They bought a refrigerator and other items. The credit card company just writes the loss off and never goes after the criminals. That's why its so prevalent. 

Honored Contributor

if they used a credit card through your paypal account then contact your credit card company directly.

they should be able to remove the charge, process the paperwork, and issue you a new credit card. they do an investigation and usually then close the case.

in the meantime, change the password on your qvc account.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
QVC Customer Care

@customerliz wrote:

My QVC account was hacked and the criminal ordered a gaming laptop using 4 payments and my PayPal account.  I reported the issue immediately to QVC, Paypal, my bank and UPS because the criminal also set up access to UPS Choice and re-routed the package prior to delivery.

QVC canceled the three remaining payments but have not refunded PayPal the $733 initial payment.

Paypal is now coming after me for that amount.  Since I cannot get a call back from the QVC fraud department and can only get through to customer service via chat  I am now turning to file a police report and naming QVC as a part of the theft since this all happened because of having a QVC account.

Hoping by reporting this situation here I can get someone to share suggestions on how to get this matter properly resolved.  

And as a warning, don't use PayPal with your QVC account.

Thanks,

Hi @customerliz I Have sent you an email regarding this inquiry. -Kim

New Contributor

PayPal says they paid QVC 733 and QVC needs to return the payment to PayPal.