Contributor

Fish arrived more than semi thawed..CC where are you?

I had a delivery of haddock delivered yesterday, no ice but the fish circumference was thawed & a little semi frozen mush towards center, on its way to being totally thawed. Real iffy on consuming fish that was in heat &  hmm 90% thawed. Tried calling customer service to inquire if I should keep it or pitch it. No contact available, so sad what's going on...at least an email, voicemail to leave with hope of a timely response. Will keep trying....

QVC Customer Care

Re: Fish arrived more than semi thawed..CC where are you?

[ Edited ]

@Upstate NY wrote:

I had a delivery of haddock delivered yesterday, no ice but the fish circumference was thawed & a little semi frozen mush towards center, on its way to being totally thawed. Real iffy on consuming fish that was in heat &  hmm 90% thawed. Tried calling customer service to inquire if I should keep it or pitch it. No contact available, so sad what's going on...at least an email, voicemail to leave with hope of a timely response. Will keep trying....

@Upstate NY   I am so sorry the delivery was not frozen, I would certainly not consume the fish, I would pitch it out, to risky!! .  We can issue a replacement or refund?  

Susan

Honored Contributor

@Upstate NY Due to some vendors and shippers currently being understaffed, there's no way I'd order any food from anyone online.

Don't know if you've read many posts on the forums about food shipments, but this has happened a number of times recently.

Honored Contributor

Based on the inconsistencies I've experienced with UPS of late, I would not order any food item these days.

Respected Contributor

@Upstate NY wrote:

THAT I would not eat.  I would never buy food through shipping.  It's very hot now and shipping companies are NOT gonna care what's in the boxes.  The shipper cares not either, so obvious.  I would pitch that but first, get a picture of it and email it to them and tell them you want a refund.  Raw fish is just dangerous.