Honored Contributor
Accepted Solution

Firt time this ever happend to me

[ Edited ]

Today I received a package from QVC.  It was small and flat.  And ripped open.  It looked like a machine ripped it open. There was nothing in the package.  I just called Customer Service to tell them about it.  I only had one item that listed as delivered to me today.  So we now what it was.  It was jewelry.  They said the would resend the item to me at no extra charge.  

I'm curious if I should tell the post office what happened.

Honored Contributor

Re: Firt time this ever happend to me

@songbird - Once, many years ago, I had a package delivered that was clearly empty.

It was back in the days of padded manila envelopes and this one was open (although oddly not ripped), so the UPS driver had to know it was empty.  He delivered it anyway!

It was a Bare Minerals cosmetic bag I'd ordered.  I took photos of the open bag (I always take photos of any damaged packaging or contents) and contacted QVC who sent out a replacement and I was told would file with UPS.

The original never did show up.  I didn't really like the bag, when I got it, but didn't feel I could return it, given the circumstances!  It's still somewhere in my closet, unused.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@songbird    Sorry that happened to you but the USPS really doesn't care.  It's so common they don't waste time getting excited about it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@songbird - Your comment about notifying the post office reminded me of something else.

I got a package from a friend in England late last year that was so badly ripped apart, I'm surprised anything got to me.  It used to be that the post office would reseal things and put a notice on to say "Resealed by the USPS".

Nope - not this time!  Everything that was in the package was clearly visible and just thrown in my mailbox.  I checked with my friend to make sure I got everything she sent (it was a surprise package).

I don't think the post office these days is the one we used to know.  As Kachina said, they don't care.  Or maybe they no longer have the time or staff to care.

Respected Contributor

Years ago, I received a package that was supposed to have a top, but there was so much tissue paper and no top.  I called Customer Service and they promptly sent me out another one.

Respected Contributor

Last year I received a lipstick from an HSN vendor.  The package had been opened and then sombody re-sealed it with packing tape.  HSN replaced the product. 

Respected Contributor

@Venezia @I had the same thing happen with Amazon. When the lady delivered it she said it's very light. I looked at it and discovered it was empty. I gave it back to her a we just laughed. She waited while I called Amazon and got a replacement sent to me! 

Honored Contributor

@Franklinbell - In my case, the UPS guy raced up, dropped the empty envelope on the porch and raced off before I could even get to the door.  And I guess I know why!

Honored Contributor

Today my Dr. Denese order said delivered. huh ? I let QVC know even though they said I got it I didn't.

Few hours later a neighbor, honest gal, thank God, bought it over. emailed QVC back and said "received".

Wish postal people could read names and address numbers.  Order wasn't cheap woman could had kept it.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE - Two weeks ago I had two packages dropped on my steps (almost on the ground) by the postman.  I was expecting one small package - not two large ones.

Tried to flag him down before he raced off - I was literally standing on the steps before he reversed and he "didn't see me" or hear me shouting.

Neither package was for me and I've recently had surgery and couldn't risk lifting them.  So DH put them in my car and we drove to my neighbor to hand them over.

THEN I phoned our local post office to complain.  I knew it wouldn't be our regular guy; it was a sub.  I suspect the same one who biotched to us one day at length about having to deliver packages!  Ummm, sorry, that's what you get paid to do.  And it helps, if you deliver them to the right address.