Esteemed Contributor

Re: First Negative experience

@Kachina624 wrote:

@04112016 wrote:

I spoke with Janet on the Live Chat who was no help with my order, all she said was she didn't know why my orders EDD had been changed from 12/21 to 12/24. She didn't even answer if my order was guaranteed to be here by 12/24. I spent money for express delivery for 12/21 and it changed to 12/24, why would I pay for the express delivery if the order was going to arrive the same time that QVC was promoting the regular delivery by 12/24? Makes no sense. I just wanted to make sure my orders arrive 12/24 and she couldnt even answer that for me.

@04112016.  Janet probably didn't have her crystal ball plugged in.  There's no way a CSR would be able to answer the questions you asked.  They pretty much see the same information on tracking that you see.  Our national freight delivery system is over-whelmed with all of the internet orders.  Everyone is peddling as fast as they can to get their packages delivered before Christmas.  Delivery dates are not set in stone, are flexible and estimated.  Lesson for next year: shop early.

@Kachina624   her chrystal ball----Bwah ahahahahahahah  Your too funny Kachina?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

opps pressed wrong key......and  jammed my  computer  Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SXMGirl wrote:

I have only had a few experiences where my orders were not delivered and I found that the real problem was my post office.  I really did not know how bad it was until the conversation was started on Nextdoor.  Our post office has gotten so bad, as in not delivering mail for days, that their corporate people had to get involved.  

The amount of holiday orders has to be overwhelming, so ordering at the last minute can cause many problems.   This is a major complaint every year, so it is best to always plan ahead or do much shopping in the stores in your town.  I believe that the people who put the orders together are probably doing their best.

@SXMGirl

How come I can get an AMAZON order delivered by my POST OFFICE the next day ,(or even same day) at no extra charge, but QVC orders get stuck in the PO for days????????  Can you answer this question?????

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@04112016 wrote:

I spoke with Janet on the Live Chat who was no help with my order, all she said was she didn't know why my orders EDD had been changed from 12/21 to 12/24. She didn't even answer if my order was guaranteed to be here by 12/24. I spent money for express delivery for 12/21 and it changed to 12/24, why would I pay for the express delivery if the order was going to arrive the same time that QVC was promoting the regular delivery by 12/24? Makes no sense. I just wanted to make sure my orders arrive 12/24 and she couldnt even answer that for me.

@04112016.  Janet probably didn't have her crystal ball plugged in.  There's no way a CSR would be able to answer the questions you asked.  They pretty much see the same information on tracking that you see.  Our national freight delivery system is over-whelmed with all of the internet orders.  Everyone is peddling as fast as they can to get their packages delivered before Christmas.  Delivery dates are not set in stone, are flexible and estimated.  Lesson for next year: shop early.

@Kachina624

I think you are sooooooo wrong about delivery systems. QVC is only concerned about getting their  money, NOT about you getting your order  on time!!!!!!!!

Other places get orders out fast and delivered to you immediately!!

@MalteseMomma.  Now if you don't get your merchandise, they don't get their money, right?  The Q CEO needs to take a long look at some of their procedures, that's for sure.  They obviously aren't working efficiently, but it's not that they aren't trying.  Something's wrong when a customer leaves a msg 13 times at their request and nobody returns a call

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@04112016 wrote:

@Kachina624

I think you are sooooooo wrong about delivery systems. QVC is only concerned about getting their  money, NOT about you getting your order  on time!!!!!!!!

Other places get orders out fast and delivered to you immediately!!

@MalteseMomma.  Now if you don't get your merchandise, they don't get their money, right?  The Q CEO needs to take a long look at some of their procedures, that's for sure.  They obviously aren't working efficiently, but it's not that they aren't trying.  Something's wrong when a customer leaves a msg 13 times at their request and nobody returns

@Kachina624

I totally agree.i misunderstood you....lol....I was wondering why ,cause i usually agree with you...........lol    Merry Christmas   <3

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MalteseMomma - When you have same-day delivery from Amazon, those packages are not delivered by the post office, but by Amazon's local courier service. The USPS has no resources or capabilities for same-day deliveries. (My brother is a long-time postal worker and two of my friends work as couriers for Amazon.) Regardless, it is pretty incredible to order from Amazon in the morning and have the package on your doorstep by dinnertime! I live within half an hour of the second-largest Amazon hub in the country, and it's starting to spoil me...  Smiley Happy

ETA: I'm also lucky that my local post office is fantastic; in the cases where there's a UPS-USPS handoff, the process is typically smooth and as fast as can be expected.

Honored Contributor

In life there are never guarantees that things will work out as planned.....DEAL WITH IT IF YOU CHOOSE TO ORDER ONLINE....

if the gift arrives late.....give the gift recipient a card showing what the gift is and say  it is on the way.  

If the gift is for a child....go buy the gift at a local store....or do not wait  until the last month to order online.  That is just common sense!

Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@SXMGirl

How come I can get an AMAZON order delivered by my POST OFFICE the next day ,(or even same day) at no extra charge, but QVC orders get stuck in the PO for days????????  Can you answer this question?????

Amazon has a better priority handling contract with USPS than Q does?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I ordered a little real gold rope bracelet from Evine on Thurs. Went out today Friday. Yesterday, went to Dillards and got stuff-no long processing time there either. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc wrote:

@MalteseMomma - When you have same-day delivery from Amazon, those packages are not delivered by the post office, but by Amazon's local courier service. The USPS has no resources or capabilities for same-day deliveries. (My brother is a long-time postal worker and two of my friends work as couriers for Amazon.) Regardless, it is pretty incredible to order from Amazon in the morning and have the package on your doorstep by dinnertime! I live within half an hour of the second-largest Amazon hub in the country, and it's starting to spoil me...  Smiley Happy

ETA: I'm also lucky that my local post office is fantastic; in the cases where there's a UPS-USPS handoff, the process is typically smooth and as fast as can be expected.

@loriqvc

I have never  ordered same day delivery in the 16 (or more) yrs that  I am shopping with Amazon, and many, many times I get my pkgs the same day anyway.

Many of my Amazon pkgs  ARE  delivered by my post office which also delivers Amazon  pkgs on Sundays,year round,not just during holidays  UPS also delivers some of my Amazon orders ,as do private people ,like ,young people (so proud of them working) retired people,  and middle age men and women,all using their own cars .Some Amazon employees ,get to use the  White Amazon Van,with the black stripe................I am a huge Amazon Shopper  <3  and they all know, I allow them to park in my driveway as I live in a residential area, that  just happens to be on a state highway and it is hard to street park here.   Smiley Happy  I think I must be Amazons biggest supporter.............lol