First Impressions are everything and QVC is a joke!

I attempted to make my first QVC order 11/5/16 online. The order was "stuck processing" yet authorized on my card. The next day i cancel thinking let me try again; and WOW! not one item is available now? So here we are 4 days later order is cancelled not a single item available, card is charged just waiting for shipment of an order that was cancelled 3 days ago. Beside the horrible processing time needed, the website is not user friendly and riddled with bugs. Trying to reach customer service is a joke, ok so you can't reach customer service by phone or chat except during certain hours BUT come On Seriously YOU CANT EVEN SEND EMAILS?? The Qcard person was helpful she says after 72 hours the order should cancel, hmm it's been 96. 

Honored Contributor

Re: First Impressions are everything and QVC is a joke!

I'm confused, how was your order "stuck processing" when you cancelled it the next day?

So, it was "stuck processing" for a whole 24 hours? I must be missing something.

Maybe you should have made sure your items were still available before you cancelled your order the next day.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I have NEVER in about 25 years of shopping at QVC had any difficulty reaching customer service when I needed them.

Honored Contributor

I've never had issues contacting QVC either.

Occasional Contributor

First, if you dial 0, I have always been able to get customer service assistance.  When customer service is closed, nearly any request I've had was able to be handled by regular reps.  When extremely busy, And I do mean EXTREMELY BUSY, I have had some issues with the web site.  But I don't find it riddled with bugs.  If an order shows that it is in process, that usually means they are preparing to ship.  Now that I've told you how to contact customer service, you may want to try customer service and discuss your issue. Finally, any web site as large as QVC, can seem confusing to someone new to the site.  Amazon is the same way.  If you are new to them as a retailer, you might take some time to familiarize yourself with the site before buying something in the middle of a broadcast using the site and not the phone.  I've "grown up" so to speak with QVC and know them to be an excellent retailer with the best customer service by phone I've ever dealt with.  

Esteemed Contributor

@BittyB, Let's get this straight:  this is your first post, you supposedly had a problem with ordering, customer service is unreachable, your cannot cancel, the website has bugs.  I have no idea why you would sign up to post on this board because with all of those problems, you should not want anything to do with QVC.  It appears that you are a troll or have too much time on your hands. 

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Frequent Contributor

So sorry for your bad experience ordering w/QVC.  I never went through this. My experiences for over 20 years have been the best.  Customer Service has been excellent, my orders via phone or web are fantastic. Try again.

Honored Contributor

If QVC ran your credit card to get authorization, the amount will drop off in no more than 3 days. That is standard. 

Honored Contributor

@BittyB wrote:

I attempted to make my first QVC order 11/5/16 online. The order was "stuck processing" yet authorized on my card. The next day i cancel thinking let me try again; and WOW! not one item is available now? So here we are 4 days later order is cancelled not a single item available, card is charged just waiting for shipment of an order that was cancelled 3 days ago. Beside the horrible processing time needed, the website is not user friendly and riddled with bugs. Trying to reach customer service is a joke, ok so you can't reach customer service by phone or chat except during certain hours BUT come On Seriously YOU CANT EVEN SEND EMAILS?? The Qcard person was helpful she says after 72 hours the order should cancel, hmm it's been 96. 

Clearly you are confused about what happened and how QVC works.  If you will calm down and do some reading, come here and ask some realistic questions you will learn something.  ALL of us who have shopped here for more than 20 years (and there are millions of us) seem to be on the whole very happy with QVC.  And their customer service is really great.   

As with any retailer, things happen sometimes, but I wouldn't have been here for 25 years if it wasn't in general a good place to shop.

Good luck, and if you are done, that's your choice.  And I am sorry you are angry and frustrated.

QVC Customer Care

Hi @BittyB@Lipstickdiva is correct your credit card was authorized not billed and the authorization will drop off. QVC does not bill until the item is shipped. I am seeing that we do have limited stock available so if you would like to reinstate your items please email us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com.