Contributor

False Advertising - David's Cookies

Just received my David's Cookies today and read the ingredients. There is no butter in the cookies, they are made with margarine.  David's representive said they were made with butter throughout the day's presentations.  I definitely would not have ordered if I had not been lead to believe they were made with butter.  I don't eat margarine.

Honored Contributor

Re: False Advertising - David's Cookies

@buddysgirl    Call CS with your complaint and they'll refund your money, then give them away.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I would also call Davids CS and let them know too. 

Valued Contributor

I would definitely call cs.  Even if you go to the video that is up now she says "butter."

Esteemed Contributor

This topic has come up before.

David's pride themselves on being predominantly kosher.

So they seem to not use butter, just talk about it in a misleading way.

A complaint is in order.

Honored Contributor

That's pretty bad.  Why would the rep say they're made of butter when they're not?  Make sure you get your $$$ back.

Contributor

David's pride themselves on being predominantly kosher.

As someone who keeps kosher and baking is my #1 hobby, one can use butter in baked goods (as I say, everything is better with butter), however the finish product will be considered Kosher Dairy so it can not be eaten if any meat products were consumed within a specific period of time. Cookies made without any dairy products are Kosher Paerve (eggs are considered paerve, not dairy), which means they can be eaten without any restriction with a meat or dairy meal.

I just checked the QVC website for the ingredents for David's cookies - although margarine is used instead of butter, they are still marked as Kosher Dairy - if that is the case, there is no reson not to use butter, other than it is more expensive than margarine. Looking at the ingredents, they use the cheapest available - instead of whole milk, they use non-fat dry milk, inferior chocolate and artificial vanilla. There is nothing premium about these cookies. I am surprised that the QVC legal clearance department allows the presentation to state "butter", when there is no butter listed as an ingredient. It is illegal in most States to claim ingredents that are not present in the final item.

Honored Contributor

@buddysgirl wrote:

Just received my David's Cookies today and read the ingredients. There is no butter in the cookies, they are made with margarine.  David's representive said they were made with butter throughout the day's presentations.  I definitely would not have ordered if I had not been lead to believe they were made with butter.  I don't eat margarine.

Did you read the ingredients.  It states margarine.  BUT if they stated 100% butter, then call CS for refund.  

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

That's pretty bad.  Why would the rep say they're made of butter when they're not?  Make sure you get your $$$ back.

Yeah.  I listened to a few videos and didn't hear her say that.  She said buttery flavor but that's it.  Well if she complains to CS she'll be refunded and get FREE cookies.

Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Yeah.  I listened to a few videos and didn't hear her say that.  She said buttery flavor but that's it.  Well if she complains to CS she'll be refunded and get FREE cookies.

I just watched two of the video presentations and more than once she most certainly states the word butter as an ingredient