Honored Contributor

Re: False Advertising - David's Cookies

@buddysgirl  which cookie varieties did you purchase?

If you look at the ingredients list for all four cookies:

Lemon Coolers -- both margarine and butter

Chocolate Chunk -- margarine

Oatmeal Raisin -- neither

Pastel Sprinkle -- "natural butter flavor"

In the video still up, every time the vendor waxing poetic about the ingredients, it was when they talked about the lemon cooler cookie, coincidentally.  I believe that's how they can state they have butter in the cookie.  It's the only one with butter.

I agree, I think that's deceitful.  But I don't think you can call it false advertising.  It's definitely shifty, and you should still be able to get your money back.

I always read the ingredients of any prepared food.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read the nutritional information provided by QVC.... it clearly listed margarine...

Honored Contributor

@sann wrote:

I read the nutritional information provided by QVC.... it clearly listed margarine...

@sann   Perhaps QVC switched out the Nutrition Guide then.  The Nutrition Guide under the Description lists the Lemon Cooler cookie containing both margarine and butter.  Only the Lemon Cooler cookie though. 

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@sann wrote:

@sann   Perhaps QVC switched out the Nutrition Guide then.  The Nutrition Guide under the Description lists the Lemon Cooler cookie containing both margarine and butter.  Only the Lemon Cooler cookie though. 

Lemon wasn't the only cookie in the configuration....Who said anything about QVC switching out nutritional information ?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

That's pretty bad.  Why would the rep say they're made of butter when they're not?  Make sure you get your $$$ back.

Yeah.  I listened to a few videos and didn't hear her say that.  She said buttery flavor but that's it.  Well if she complains to CS she'll be refunded and get FREE cookies.

@rms1954   I listened to one video - just one! - and she listed butter as an ingredient. Of course, I didn't know what product she bought so was unable to view that exact video.  To be continued.

Honored Contributor

@sann wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@sann wrote:

Lemon wasn't the only cookie in the configuration....Who said anything about QVC switching out nutritional information ?

@sann   No need to get snippy.  I was trying to help.  Did I read your post incorrectly?  It said, "I read the nutritional information provided by QVC.... it clearly listed margarine.."

So instead of thinking you read it wrong, I approached it as perhaps the Nutritional Info link was switched out -- because it's there now clearly stating that one cookie has both margarine and butter.  That's all I was stating. Are we on the same page here?  

Super Contributor

@kitty60 I ordered these cookies too (M83211) but didn't receive them yet to check my box. I quickly listened to the video and saw the "grocery list" sign Alberti held up that included butter, but I didn't hear the vendor or Alberti say butter. Can you please point me to the time in the video? Thanks so much. I am definitely calling them because from that "grocery list" I feel it was extremely deceptive advertising.

Honored Contributor

@buddysgirl    You're welcome.  We're so glad we could use our valuable time to help you despite your not returning to acknowledge responses or participate in the thread YOU started.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Since when do people need to come back and acknowledge responses? I did not know that was a requirement when posting here. 

Trusted Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Since when do people need to come back and acknowledge responses? I did not know that was a requirement when posting here. 

Of course, there is no such requirement; but, most posters do thank or respond in some way to those who took time to help or provide further information.