Occasional Contributor

Failing to Honor Auto-Delivery QVC2 Big Deal Price

[ Edited ]

I’m a good QVC customer, and in general I’m happy, but I think something shady is going on now. I have an auto-delivery order for David’s cookies cookie dough. It was a qvc2 big deal. 104 pieces for $34.12 plus tax. I never got my first delivery. They said they were out of stock.

Now my second delivery is due, but the order says backordered. I got an email saying my order was delayed and they are working with the vendor to get stock. Meanwhile, it's clear the vendor has the stock. In fact, they are currently selling the exact SAME cookies, same flavors, same everything, as in stock. But it’s 96 pieces for $38.50. (Item #75611).

I’m beginning to think they just don’t want to honor the big deal price. I know it’s only a few dollars, but it’s still shady. QVC used to treat customers fairly. I'd be interested to hear from someone in the customer service department on how this business practice is fair. 
if the vendor will only give you 96 piece pack ups, then pro-rate the price for the big deal price (33 cents per piece) apply that to the 96 piece pack up and send the 96 piece orders to auto-delivery customers for $31.68. That's how you honor your obligations to your customers despite a vendor being unable or unwilling to provide the product in the volume of pack up promised. 
In closing: I'd like to hear from QVC and/or David's cookies about why we should ever expect them to honor the deals they present in future. Seems to be false advertising to me. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Failing to Honor Auto-Delivery QVC2 Big Deal Price

Nonsense.  Do you just suppose David's may be experiencing the problems every other business in the country is facing?  QVC and it's vendors are in the business of selling product and everyone is working as hard as they can to get it shipped. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I recently had one of my food orders go to backorder the same time the vendor was featured with similar product at a higher price. Was notified by email my auto delivery was backordered. Within days the item was shipped and delivered.

I think many vendors are probably having a problem getting enough employees to work, like so many businesses.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

David's has the stuff. They are currently selling it on QVC, just for more money. So it's not a matter of them not having it. And they appear to be willing and able to ship it to those willing to pay more. This seems to be a matter of unwillingness to honor the deal they put together and presented. 

Honored Contributor

@Maddiecat817    You have no way of knowing if people are actually receiving the same product you ordered.  You could always call David's and ask them. 

If QVC hadn't been willing to sell it to you at the price offered, they wouldn't have done it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I had a similar thing happen with my A/D orders of Just Bagels.  They backordered my item, while selling another almost identical one as a Big Deal for a higher price, which I found surprising.

But I did end up getting my orders and they seem to have it straightened out now.  I was willing to wait, as long as I got mine.

Super Contributor

@Maddiecat817 Wow, you didn't get the first shipment, the auto delivery is now due but backordered?  So they never filled your order for almost 3 months?  They are still selling cookies on QVC, people are still reviewing them as recently as June, (although many are saying they arrived with no dry ice and package soaking wet, just a mushy lump).  Sounds like QVC needs to address this problem with you and also with the vendor.  I suggest you email the QVC social team - QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and ask them to help.  They are the best.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Heartland chicken auto-delivery was just placed on "back order."  QVC sent me an email stating they may not be able to fulfill the order at all because the vendor does not have inventory at this time.

But of course, the same item was just sold in last Sunday's ITKWD show, for a higher price.  Now the item from Sunday is on  "waitlist."  

QVC Mods: I emailed customer service and asked how could they sell the exact same chicken packaging set on Sunday, but put my auto-delivery on back order, and even state it may never be delivered?

No follow-up response from customer service.  

QVC Customer Care

Hi @Maddiecat817 I am so sorry that happened. I will be sure to share your comments with our management team. 

Valued Contributor

The same thing is happening with my order and they sold the same pack up of David's cookies and are listed again. Mine is on back order still.  No reply yet from social team. 

Don't need to say this is nonsense. There is stock.  I went through the same thing last week with a different item. I ordered D&C pants on a lower price, went to preparing order, then backorder, then cancelled a week later. The day after canceling, pants in same color and size was shown on tv at a much higher price and said they got extra stock in. Just too coincidental.

@Alice-QVC  Or QVCSocialTeam please look into my auto-delivery June shipment of David's Cookies, I will appreciate it.