Honored Contributor

Re: FURIOUS 1ST TIME CUSTOMER! WILL NOT ORDER AGAIN * DO NOT RECOMMEND QVC

[ Edited ]

QVC handles things well until they don't... That's the reality... Hope it all works out for you @JoshArms... Let us know the outcome, if you're so inclined. Again though, were I in your shoes, I'd look for other options... If QVC wants to be cautious, then say so up front, give details and then have the infrastructure in place to pursue reasonable caution while not messing up customer orders and leaving them hanging in the process... Not cool...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JoshArms

Its not worth the upset your experiencing!  Take a deep breath and take your business & money elsewhere.  I'm not saying this to be rude to you -- it's just you seem to be excited to gift your wife a great gift(s).  It's not happening thru Q so shop elsewhere.  It's not anyone's business here what your personal financial abilities are.

I am quite surprised a moderator here on these boards has not intervened considering I've personally had issues with a item under $50 and one of them has corrected OR personally sent me private email helping to rectify the problem.

As I've said before -- go to Apple (fyi: your IMac most likely isn't sitting in a QVC warehouse it will come from another source & most likely, not the "latest" version -- this I know for a fact as my relative is a corporate executive with Apple, the extras they include are not endorsed by Apple either).

if you truly want to have a great surprise on Christmas go to Apple (they are shipping w/in 2 days) and buy there or Best Buy "authorized" seller.  Just cancel your order with Q and if for some reason it ships -- call and Q and they will send you a label for return.  

Good luck & hope you get to surprise your wife!

Honored Contributor

I don't have time to sit here and read the OP's mess of a message.  OMG!  The little bit I did read sounded like QVC was looking out for your best interest.  If QVC made a mistake, they do owe you an apology and the product for free.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

If I had this experience I would not even give QVC my business.  Just go elsewhere and purchase what you want to get for your wife.  If you have good credit as you described you will have no problem.  

Contributor

@Katcat1 all good. No worries. I canceled the order, going to Bestbuy tomorrow and picking an iMac up.
Esteemed Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

QVC is a business, if you don't have the funds you don't get the merchandise.

Where does he say he doesn't have the funds?  That doesn't seem to be the issue -  or any part of it - at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@JoshArms wrote:
@esmereldaoh I don't doubt that people lie. It's just frustrating when somebody is accusing me of lying that I'm not telling the whole story to it, when in all reality that is the whole story that's why the post is so long. I wouldn't go out of my way to make up a story, for no reason, you know? I'm afraid if I do cancel my order and they're going to hold my money, or not even cancel it.

@JoshArms...I understand your frustration but just wanted to share something I had read last year about QVC's financials. Apparently, QVC lost a lot of revenue to missed easy pays where some did not pay in full. All of that money was lost revenue so I suspect QVC is being very careful in extending easy pays to new customers.

Personally, I would cancel the order and purchase elsewhere if you want it for December 25th. Hope all works out for you....

Being very careful is certainly understandable.  But the lack of communication in this case is appalling.  If they have a policy that impacts this purchase, then they should be clear about that in the FIRST phone call.  He shouldn't have to jump thru hoops like this and be given incorrect information over and over.  Telling him he's all set when he isn't is unacceptable.

The problem here is communication and QVC's lack of consideration for customers.  First-time or long-time, large purchase or small purchase, EZ Pay or not, Christmas season or any other time of year - It doesn't matter.  Information given to customers should be correct.  And no customer should have to put this much effort into making a purchase.  It's unacceptable to tell a customer repeatedly that an item will arrive when there's yet something else holding it up.  It's bad enough that the hosts misrepresent all kinds of things on-air.  At the very least CS reps should be providing accurate information.

I agree about cancelling the order.  I would absolutely do that too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I don't have time to sit here and read the OP's mess of a message.  OMG!  The little bit I did read sounded like QVC was looking out for your best interest.  If QVC made a mistake, they do owe you an apology and the product for free.

Looking out for his best interest would mean telling him if there is an issue and exactly what it is.  Despite numerous phone calls, they haven't done that.  Providing incorrect, misleading, and conflicting information to a customer is not looking out for his best interest.  It is most definitely not in his best interest to repeatedly tell him items are shipping, and then "whoops, no they're not".

It's like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing there, and QVC doesn't care enough to do anything about it. 

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@JoshArms wrote:
@esmereldaoh I don't doubt that people lie. It's just frustrating when somebody is accusing me of lying that I'm not telling the whole story to it, when in all reality that is the whole story that's why the post is so long. I wouldn't go out of my way to make up a story, for no reason, you know? I'm afraid if I do cancel my order and they're going to hold my money, or not even cancel it.

@JoshArms...I understand your frustration but just wanted to share something I had read last year about QVC's financials. Apparently, QVC lost a lot of revenue to missed easy pays where some did not pay in full. All of that money was lost revenue so I suspect QVC is being very careful in extending easy pays to new customers.

Personally, I would cancel the order and purchase elsewhere if you want it for December 25th. Hope all works out for you....

Being very careful is certainly understandable.  But the lack of communication in this case is appalling.  If they have a policy that impacts this purchase, then they should be clear about that in the FIRST phone call.  He shouldn't have to jump thru hoops like this and be given incorrect information over and over.  Telling him he's all set when he isn't is unacceptable.

The problem here is communication and QVC's lack of consideration for customers.  First-time or long-time, large purchase or small purchase, EZ Pay or not, Christmas season or any other time of year - It doesn't matter.  Information given to customers should be correct.  And no customer should have to put this much effort into making a purchase.  It's unacceptable to tell a customer repeatedly that an item will arrive when there's yet something else holding it up.  It's bad enough that the hosts misrepresent all kinds of things on-air.  At the very least CS reps should be providing accurate information.

I agree about cancelling the order.  I would absolutely do that too.

Without knowing all the incidentals I would be cautious in condemning QVC's customer service @NYC Susan

In in order to purchase a large ticket item, there needs to be a credit line where ALL the easy pays can get authorized. Since no one here knows the OP's credit line or personal finances, I always err on the side of caution.

Esteemed Contributor

@JoshArms wrote:
@Katcat1all good. No worries. I canceled the order, going to Bestbuy tomorrow and picking an iMac up.

@JoshArmsgood news that you were able to cancel.