Honored Contributor

@jewel3 wrote:

I heard a host say it is the best they have ever offered and it is. When I saw the V6 animal as a tsv a few months ago I called Dyson and the cs rep told me the V8 would be out this summer. I already have an earlier model but will soon upgrade to the V8. If you want to pay the V8 price for a comparable model, send yours back to the Q. Yours is a great vac, though, and you will really enjoy using it. 

She bought it in April, too late to send back.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I personally LOVE the Shak Cannister Vac I own... awsome, and I truly do understand your frustration.  I bought the Dyson no cord when the first one came out a couple of years ago and was stunned that to keep it running, I had to depress the "on" button the entire time I was using it.  There was no "slide & lock".... I don't have weak hands, but my goodness that was annoying.... and probably engineered that way to save the battery.  I understand all that.... but I sent it back for a refund solely on the fact that I had to grip that thing to keep it running the entire time I was using it~!!  I have looked at them on and off since then and still don't see a slide and lock feature on it (with a slide and lock you can depress it the entire time if you want to.... or you can push it down and lock it "on"....  I can't be the only one that found that uncomfortable..... Woman Frustrated

@Q4u

That button issue would be a deal breaker for me, too much arthritis in my fingers to hold it down the whole time!

My thumbs are the worst!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@stazgirl wrote:

If you take your tracking number and actually punch it in on the UPS website, it will tell you where it is...QVC has NO SAY over your package once it leaves the facility. 

But they DO have a say over how how they warehouse, how they process orders, how they opt to ship, the providers they use and how they otherwise allocate the shipping charges they collect from customers... All of which DO impact the shopping experience for their customers.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

If you read again, I said ONCE IT LEAVES THE FACILITY>   And that is the truth, Once UPS or USPS picks it up, It is ONLY in their hands..

Honored Contributor

I'm always wary of appliances and computers that are TSVs. My thought is that the warehouses are loaded with the older models, and the Q is anxious to unload them to make room for those with newer technology.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

I feel your pain but I think this has probably happened to most of us at one time or another when we buy any sort of technology.  People buy tablets and cell phones and then within a short period of time sometimes even days a newer and often cheaper version of the product hits the market.  At the time you bought your Dyson it probably was the best available but surely technological improvements are always happening.  You made the decision to buy the model you purchased based on what information was available on that day and to complain about the purchase because now there is something better is a waste of your time and energy. Use the product and enjoy it.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, there is always something better that often comes along.  I try not to dwell on it.  If the item met my needs and price point, I just move on.  Can't always second guess things.

Respected Contributor

That happens often with MANY beauty products! It usually happens when the 30 day return period is over! That's not marketing, that's just a good way to loose customers! Some prices aren't so great when you add shipping!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Esteemed Contributor

A lot of products sold are on their way out.  That is how they get rid of them.  I would not own anything other then Shark.  I had trouble with a vac that I bought 3 yrs after I bought it.  They sent me a brand new one!  They have number one customer service!

Frequent Contributor

It IS aggravating to purchase something and then something newer and better comes out!  This has happened to me many times.  Just today I saw the bathroom scrubber I bought that now has an additional brush head, and also a storage bag included.  Really makes me sad, but there is nothing that can be done. I can't keep buying the new versions of everything.  Just have to look away, I guess!  lol