Honored Contributor

I feel used and abused, too -  by OP who shouted at me about an issue that anyone who is old enough to shop at QVC ought to know is true.

To carry her shouting to its logical conclusion, neither QVC nor any other retailer could ever sell anything without being accused of taking advantage of their customers.  For my whole, long life, there's always been something new and different coming along.  We are lucky to have choices, one of which is to wait until we know we're not going to be blaming someone else for the decisions we make.

QVC Customer Care
Trusted Contributor

I would be fuming mad also. That's retail. They are there to sale. That's why I watch a lot with the volume off.

Respected Contributor

Re: FEEL USED AND ABUSED

[ Edited ]

I understand exactly how you feel especially since I believe TSV's are scheduled well in advance. I know this is marketing but nonetheless it's still frustrating and hearing rude comments certainly doesn't help. 

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

OP, sorry for your ire, and I do understand your frustration, but it does happen regularly... Of course, the thing that rankles here is they likely knew back in April they'd be offering a 'better' model in July... Heaven only knows, given that Dyson is one of those ten brands they tend to feast upon, I suppose something 'new and improved' was to be expected. 

As for those who take issue with how you chose to express yourself or who consistently feel compelled to defend QVC, well, they'll get over it... And if they don't, it'll be their choice not to...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I understand why you are so very angry.  For you, and for many others, $400 is not pocket change.  I do QVC will give you and other buyers a good deal on the attachment you are looking for.  Most of us learn the hard way, myself included.

My feeling used and abused comes from the Track Your Package option when you order an item. To order an item and SIX DAYS LATER to STILL see "on way to UPS facility" as "tracking" No, QVC does not want us to track our packages at all.  They want to MAKE BELIEVE that they care about how long it takes for us to get our purchases.  This is blatantly dishonest at the very least. No other business does this.

Valued Contributor

If you take your tracking number and actually punch it in on the UPS website, it will tell you where it is...QVC has NO SAY over your package once it leaves the facility. 

Honored Contributor

I personally LOVE the Shak Cannister Vac I own... awsome, and I truly do understand your frustration.  I bought the Dyson no cord when the first one came out a couple of years ago and was stunned that to keep it running, I had to depress the "on" button the entire time I was using it.  There was no "slide & lock".... I don't have weak hands, but my goodness that was annoying.... and probably engineered that way to save the battery.  I understand all that.... but I sent it back for a refund solely on the fact that I had to grip that thing to keep it running the entire time I was using it~!!  I have looked at them on and off since then and still don't see a slide and lock feature on it (with a slide and lock you can depress it the entire time if you want to.... or you can push it down and lock it "on"....  I can't be the only one that found that uncomfortable..... Woman Frustrated

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

I heard a host say it is the best they have ever offered and it is. When I saw the V6 animal as a tsv a few months ago I called Dyson and the cs rep told me the V8 would be out this summer. I already have an earlier model but will soon upgrade to the V8. If you want to pay the V8 price for a comparable model, send yours back to the Q. Yours is a great vac, though, and you will really enjoy using it.