Regular Contributor

Dyson TSV in April.....touting it is THE BEST IN THE CORDLESS line. I buy it, 9 weeks later a Dyson TSV touting it is THE BEST IN CORDLESS line. This one has an attachment that would cost me $130!!!!!  I REALLY FEEL TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF. This is not a $20 purchase!!!!   Maybe to QVC $400 is not a big deal. To most if us IT IS. THEN TO SEE A BETTER PRODUCT FOR SAME PRICE WITHIN WEEKS BOILS MY BLOOD!!!  This has happened many times and I FEEL USED AND ABUSED AS A CUSTOMER!!  THE DISRESPECT US AND I FOR ONE AM TIRED OF IT!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh really!   It's called "Marketing"

Regular Contributor

No need to be so rude

Esteemed Contributor

I understand!  I feel that way about "IT" cosmetics,so I no longer buy that product!

Respected Contributor

Products are always upgrading their technology - happens all the time.  You really should have saved your money and bought a Shark - they are a much better product!  And they have a cordless now.  I would never spend $400 on a vacuum!

Respected Contributor

Those things do happen.  You buy an item and then the next latest and greatest comes out.  Buyer beware is the old saying.  Think very carefully before making a purchase.

You were not used and abused.  No one twisted your arm to make your purchase.

Honored Contributor

That's the way things are with technology; they're always coming out with a new and improved model.  Someone posted that there's a new Dyson stick vac due out soon that's an improvement over the TSV model.

Shopping TV is famous for buying out old models and touting them as being "the latest" right before a new model is introduced.  I feel pretty sure they get a great deal on such merchandise.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I was extremely interested in the Dyson TSV yesterday.  I did some research and I think Dyson has or will have the V8 version of this same cordless available soon.  I decided to wait and see if there is another TSV with all the attachments available later in the year.  Technology changes constantly so what is in today is out tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@Sassyboo3 wrote:

Dyson TSV in April.....touting it is THE BEST IN THE CORDLESS line. I buy it, 9 weeks later a Dyson TSV touting it is THE BEST IN CORDLESS line. This one has an attachment that would cost me $130!!!!!  I REALLY FEEL TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF. This is not a $20 purchase!!!!   Maybe to QVC $400 is not a big deal. To most if us IT IS. THEN TO SEE A BETTER PRODUCT FOR SAME PRICE WITHIN WEEKS BOILS MY BLOOD!!!  This has happened many times and I FEEL USED AND ABUSED AS A CUSTOMER!!  THE DISRESPECT US AND I FOR ONE AM TIRED OF IT!!!!

This is how things work. You may buy something one day and find the same item marked down by 40% the very next day. You may buy the top of the line technology and find out a better model is available a week later. There will ALWAYS be something better or less expensive available. This doesn't mean anyone is taking advantage of you.

Respected Contributor

@Sassyboo3 wrote:

That's the way the cookie crumbles.  Alot of us are in your shoes.