Regular Contributor

FASHION PRICES ARE OFF THE CHARTS

I was watching am style this morning.  The prices are outrageous.  I see $70 for lorifelt sweather.  Isaac and Susan Graver items are off the charts as well.  I am done with QVC fashions, I know things are hard to get delivered and raw materials are going up, but I really think these big companies are using this as an excuse, in some cases, to make us pay more.  I know I can get items alot less expensive on other sites.  QVC deliveries are also taking way too long, I have bought items from HSN and SHOP HQ and get them within a week.  How about to save some money on these designers type fashions, they get rid of all the extra presenters the designers have.  QVC didn't hesitate to let alot of hosts go over a year ago.  Done with QVC 

Respected Contributor

Re: FASHION PRICES ARE OFF THE CHARTS

If I'm going to pay these prices, I rather go to Dillard's so I can try on the clothes before I buy them. 

Honored Contributor

Not just fashion!  I ordered a food item from HSN on Thursday.  It was $73.45 (less the 20% discount coupie I had).  Next day the price is $77.95! Crazy!  Crazy!!  Crazy!  Prices just seem to go up in leaps and bounds!

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette scary.  Just yesterday I was looking in a Publix for something quick for my dinner.  Saw a package with a price crossed out.  Didn't have my reading glasses on, so I picked it up.  Price was already .50 more than it had been originally marked, about a 7% jump.

Honored Contributor

Have you tried H&M, the fast fashion pioneer?

Respected Contributor

Just glad I have enough to get me through for a while ... the

food is another story .....

Respected Contributor

I was just reading how inflation on everything will continue, especially on apparell.  There have been some items on QVC, not just apparel that interest me, but too expensive.  I was pleasantly surprised at Costco yesterday with some of their apparel.  I bought two pairs of jogger pants.  They look just like the AnyBody brand on QVC but cost $12.97.  Really nice, soft and comfortable.  I've been wanting a pair of black sneakers, probably skechers, but the ones I liked on QVC was $60 to $70.  The skechers website was $90-$100 but I got a pair at Costco for $29.  They're not exactly what I wanted, but it will do.  That's my motto lately with the clothing that I do have....it will do.

Respected Contributor

@debmmm 

Sounds like you no longer shopping at QVC is a good idea.  Your other post saying that QVC should shut down entirely is a bit extreme, happy shopping elsewhere!

Valued Contributor

@debmmm  I agree with you. The prices for clothes are way too high. If I like something from the Q, now I look on ebay to see if it is there or something similar.  There is a seller that sells new clothes from Qvc.  

I am a fan of Susan's clothes but her prices have gone up considerably .

Respected Contributor

I've noticed that as well.guess I'm better off going to kohl's .atleast I can try on.i do enjoy watching some of the shows.