Honored Contributor

@Laura LAW  Tell how QVC treated you to your credit card company...they may credits you in full

QVC Customer Care

@Laura LAW wrote:

I never write reviews, and unfortunately my first one is an unfavorable one.  My 80 year old mom has been a QVC customer for 30 years, and not just a once in a while customer, a CONSTANT customer.  She recently purchased a desk which was over $340 that was extremely heavy and difficult to assemble.  Eager for her beautiful new desk, my mom started the assembly without me and put the legs together.  After helping finish with the legs I noticed a scratch/gouge on the metal, which upset me, but figured it wouldn't face forward to let it go.  Upon removing the extremely heavy top part of the desk from the box and packaging to attach the legs, I notice a large hole in the bottom (which mom thought was for computer wires).  Needless to say it wasn't for wires.  Flash forward and we pick the desk up and notice multiple dings, dents, scratches, etc.  I took multiple pictures that my mom sent to QVC and because she didn't want to disassemble it and return they offered her a paltry $25 credit.  I am extremely disappointed that that was the only solution that QVC could come up with.  She has spent thousands upon thousands of dollars with QVC and to only offer an 80 year old woman who practically put an extremely heavy desk together herself to either take it apart and return for replacement (which who's to say a "new" one wouldn't be worse) or the only thing they can do is a $25 credit.  Don't buy heavy furniture from QVC especially with their policies!!!! Next time use Wayfair, at least with damaged merchandise they completely reimburse the customer!!! I will think twice before making another purchase from QVC! Rant over!! Thank you.

@Laura LAW  I am so sorry to see the pictures of this order received, please have your mom email us the order info to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com, we will do what we can to help get this resolved. 

I am very sorry for the frustration,

Susan

Super Contributor

Re: Extremely disappointed

[ Edited ]

If the item was purchased with a credit card such as American Express, Master Card or Visa, they have "buyer protection" programs that will help you out with it if you contact them within 3 months of purchase.  Alternatively, I'd dismantle and return.  Good luck!

Occasional Contributor

It was purchased with QVC gift cards and I believe the balance she used her QCard

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Extremely disappointed

[ Edited ]

@Laura LAW wrote:

It was purchased with QVC gift cards and I believe the balance she used her QCard

@Laura LAW  it doesn't matter how she paid for it. Send the information to @Susan-QVC  as she suggested.

Would like to know the outcome.

Occasional Contributor

I wouldn't expect QVC to give a full refund or to interview everyone who purchases something nor base their decision on someone's age or being able bodied or not.  Considering it is an extremely heavy item that they will not sell again anyways, why disassemble, box, transport to a return facility and return in the first place.  Simply send a replacement and I would pray that it wouldn't be damaged.  The box it came in was not damaged and it was packaged very well, which leads me to believe that it was boxed that way and should've never been shipped in the first place.  

Honored Contributor

I would never order anything like that from Wayfair.  I don't know anything about them, haven't done any business from them.

I think it is awfully to scold the OP for not ordering from Wayfair.

Unless the OP is a known scammer, let her keep the desk and refund her money or send someone out to pick it up QVC!  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

I was wondering the same thing about QVC having a large, heavy return picked up at your home, do they not do that anymore I wonder?

I never in 30 years have ordered a large, heavy item from QVC, so I don't know but thought I had read here about that.

It's a shame that CS didn't advise the OP of it, if that service is still available.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I think if something is sent out that damaged, the very least the Q could do - if they really want it back - is to send someone to pick it up.  

Honored Contributor

@Laura LAW    You say you never write reviews.  Now, perhaps you understand why one might be important to the next person choosing the product with which you were unhappy.  If someone had written one and you'd taken the time to read it, it would have saved you a lot of grief.

It's sounds like its possible your mom damaged the parts while trying to remove them from the packaging, especially since you say they were heavy and undoubtedly awkward.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment