Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Did you know you pay $7.95 to send the item back for a different size?????

Trusted Contributor

I never have @highmaintenancejan !  I call their CS ask for the exchange they send it out to me and I send back the original.  Easy peasy.  I've never been charged.  Is this something new ?

Honored Contributor

If your item arrived damaged, defective or maybe you received the wrong item entirely, we'll take care of it! Even if you simply want a different size or color, you can exchange an item online or by calling us, at no additional cost within 30 days of the package being delivered.

https://www.hsn.com/faqs?faqId=2352

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Not for me.  I can return anything I buy with PayPal up to 12 times a calander year and get up to $30 reimbursed each time.  I don't return much, but I never pay for returns when I do.

You have to sign up for this perk on PayPal before you need to use it. It is free and I have used it a few times with no problems.

Respected Contributor

So far I have never experienced that. I haven't returned anything recently to them. Their CS has always been really good for me. I bought amini lights item that was fairly inexpensive. The battery box was damaged,  but useable. I called and we came to an agreement to credit me a certain amount instead of me returning it and waiting for rearrival. It worked out well for me.

Occasional Contributor

I have never experienced this.  If you need to exchange for a different size or color just call HSN CS and they will go ahead and send it out to you before you return the item you are wanting to exchange. I tried this with QVC and they will not send the exchange until you send back your original item.  And we all know how long that takes.  Also, HSN offers FREE shipping on so many items, much more than QVC.  QVC thinks they are offering a big deal to offer all the easy payments.  I much rather get the FREE shipping.

I hate paying for shipping.  Also, I believe HSN's clothing lines are superior to QVC.

bg 

Valued Contributor

I'm furious!!!  Just called C/S.  It is true....you do pay for exchanges on HSN!!!  $7.95 unless it is damaged or defective.  Okay that was my LAST purchase!!!!

Valued Contributor

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

I never have @highmaintenancejan !  I call their CS ask for the exchange they send it out to me and I send back the original.  Easy peasy.  I've never been charged.  Is this something new ?

Must be new.....now it is $7.95!

Super Contributor

@bgevan wrote:

I have never experienced this.  If you need to exchange for a different size or color just call HSN CS and they will go ahead and send it out to you before you return the item you are wanting to exchange. I tried this with QVC and they will not send the exchange until you send back your original item.  And we all know how long that takes.  Also, HSN offers FREE shipping on so many items, much more than QVC.  QVC thinks they are offering a big deal to offer all the easy payments.  I much rather get the FREE shipping.

I hate paying for shipping.  Also, I believe HSN's clothing lines are superior to QVC.

bg 

Now that both HSN/QVC are owned by the same company,

I have noticed a huge difference in how the Q works.

For example, a ‘Clearance’ item on the Q  was marked down maybe $3.

Or on easy pay, or free shipping. (NEVER all 3 discounts at once!)

Old stock from YEARS  AGO  was often a Lunchtime Special..

(remember that SG coat with the detachable fur collar!?)  lol

HSN constantly rotated and Clearanced their stock at 3/6/9 months, with 

generous price drops, flex-pays and Free S/H...

All at the SAME TIME!

Now, the Q branch has adopted some of HSNs sales tactics,  which I’m very happy to see.

Frequent Contributor

Same thing happened to me.  My credit card (not HSN credit card) now shows a new charge of $7.95 for an exchange I did last month for a tee shirt that was cut very small, and I exchanged it for another size and called Customer Service to do so.  I thought I was told there would be no fees for exchanges.

I called CS this morning and I was told that exchanges under 5 lbs are charged $7.95.   I hardly ever exchange at HSN so not sure if this is a new policy but I will be a much more careful shopper from now on.