Trusted Contributor

Re: Exchanges..What Am I Doing Wrong???

@loriqvc wrote:

@grandma petes - I'm glad Melvin responded to you; he said just what I had planned to. I've had several different experiences with exchanges being successful (including an exchange for an exchange!) and attempted exchanges turning into returns because the item or size or color I wanted was not available. It can certainly be frustrating when the transaction doesn't end as you'd hoped, and it's also frustrating when you have to call customer service to resolve issues with purchases and exchanges, but I think the Q service team does a great job overall. Happy shopping (and exchanging)!

Everyone at the Q has done a great job...I truly appreciate how difficult it can be to deal with all of the issues they hear about everyday.....I’m just frustrated with wanting an item to be exchanged.....I even wrote a note included with each item requesting an exchange, not a refund. If QVC is going to offer a service, then, as a customer, I hope they live up to that service. But, after 7 attempts to exchange items only to have them returned and I’m charged return shipping costs....well, it’s been challenging to say the least.

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I wonder why Customer Service - each time @grandma petes called - did not explain to her that the items were unavailable? 

Melvin's explanation makes sense, but CS really should have explained this to @grandma petes on both calls.

When I sent the items back for an exchange, all of them were available in the sizes I requested. If the items were not available, then I can understand them processing it as a return, but I should not be charged return shipping.

Don't even get me started on exchanges.  I emailed CS to tell them that I needed another size and was returning the one I received that day and if they could send me the size I needed so that it didn't sell out by time they received and processed my exchange. I was told no that I would be charged shipping.  I am still waiting and now see that the size I requested is sold out.  I better not get charged for that return because I asked for exchange.  Their exchange policy is a joke.

Trusted Contributor

I find if I print the return label on line and print the reason for return or exchange I never have a problem because it is there in the system. If I use there return label that comes in the package they always refund me instead of doing an exchange. If it’s there system in print in the computer they seem to pay more attention.

Esteemed Contributor

I guess I'm lucky—every time I've sent in an exchange request for an item, size, or color that was not available, I've received a full refund of my purchase price (including shipping) without having to call about it. Granted, this process takes about 4-6 weeks on average, but it has all gone as smoothly as it could have. Hope everyone has better luck in the future...

Esteemed Contributor

A few weeks ago I received a dress that was too big. I called Customer Service and asked if it is possible for them to send the smaller size  and I will  return the larger size. She said yes. I even received the smaller size a few days before I returned the larger size.

Already received an email stating that my return has been received.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

A few weeks ago I received a dress that was too big. I called Customer Service and asked if it is possible for them to send the smaller size  and I will  return the larger size. She said yes. I even received the smaller size a few days before I returned the larger size.

Already received an email stating that my return has been received.

You were very lucky because I was told no.

Valued Contributor

I'm glad I read this before I returned an order I have for an exchange!  I also keep hearing the hosts go on & on about free exchanges & would like to exchange for a different color. I guess now I will just return it because I can see it will probably get messed up & maybe returned to me & charged again for it! But I seriously need to start shopping elsewhere because other places offer free shipping & FAST shipping. And I"ve read reviews that say returns are easy on most all of them.  I use to really get good service from HSN but now that the Q owns them I wonder how long before we start getting bad service from them too?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PeckyI dont know why they told you no. I have also had the same service from HSN.

Frequent Contributor

I remember when my diamonique ring I ordered last year broke 3 weeks after I recieved it I looked to see if it was still in stock and it was and in my size. I sent a message via chat to QVC Customer Service to tell them I was returning my ring.. and what happened.. 

of course I still had the packaging and the slip that was in the package when I recieved the package as there is a return label on there.. So on the slip I marked that I was returning for an exchange.. same size and that it was damaged.. I guess my mom hadnt realized what I marked on there so she had put on there return. so I waited a bit and I noticed that within a few days the bank account had more money in it.. So I checked as to why.. well I had been refunded the amount of my order. I looked on the webisite under my account and returns and it said order was cancelled.. ummmm NO.... I once again did the chat via the website and told the person that I had just sent back my ring and it was damaged and that I still wanted the item number I'd ordered ..so being that apparently they had screwed up (or my mom had screwed it up for me we cleared it up and reordered the ring and they shipped it to me free of charge and I am wearing it to this day.. 

Regular Contributor

Same issue with me and I would not be so annoyed if it happened just once but this has happened to me several times so I hear your frustration. Waiting 3 weeks now to recieve exchange for 2 pairs of jeans for size (which are in stock) and just saw that they were processed as returns.

And......not only does QVC charge you intial shipping on EACH item but I have noticed I have been charged return shipping on EACH item too - even when I place order at same time and return together so really adds up. Customer hopefully shop around since many retailers offer free shipping & free returns so if cost of product same, not worth shopping at QVC.  To be fair - returns can be tricky at other retailers too but if QVC can't accomodate and proicess exchanges properly - they need to stop advertsing it as such a wonderful thing QVC offers.  It also takes 3-4 weeks when it works at all.

And the return slip is sooooo antiquated and is in deserate need of an update - I am sure that is part of reason for all the errors - especially if you need to exch 2 items - there is no place for that - I had to write it in and it still didn't work!