Trusted Contributor

Exchanges..What Am I Doing Wrong???

Okay....all of the hosts are always shouting from the rooftops about Free Exchanges....what am I doing wrong???

When the free exchanges first started, I sent back several items to be exchanged for a different size. All of them were returned instead of exchanged...I was charged for return shipping...had to contact customer service to get a refund...took several weeks to show on my credit card statement. I even had someone from Customer Care call me at home, assuring that this would not happen again.

Fast forward to this month.....I sent three items to be exchanged. I also put a hand written note in each package asking for an exchange...not a return. Well, guess what...all three items were returned and I was charged return shipping...

The wonderful Customer Service associate refunded me my shipping costs and gave me a $40.00 credit...but here’s the thing....what are we suppose to do to ensure that the items are exchanged...not returned??? Every host constantly mentions the great Exchange policy....but I have tried to exchange 7 items....and all 7 were returned and I was charged return shipping...which, btw, can take a full billing cycle to be credited to your account. I am open to suggestions....I am really apprehensive about ordering anything that might remotely need to be exchanged.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Exchanges..What Am I Doing Wrong???

@grandma petes  I'm not 100% sure about this but the few  times I wanted to exchange something I was told you have to call CS to tell them... which is ridiculous...  Exchanges take about a month..  I don't even bother anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

I would shop elsewhere.  Not trying to be smart; but there comes a time when you have to make other choices. 

Few months ago I ordered a personal item to try - returned it for credit.  Guess what?  QVC credited my card for .................return of a ladder!

The returned item was $100 - the ladder, which I bought month or two prior cost $80 plus.

I lost a few bucks but $100 vs $80 was close enough as I didn't want to get a dispute with customer service.  They don't know a body piece item from a ladder.  Tells you something, doesn't it.  I still have the ladder!

QVC Customer Care

@grandma petes wrote:

Okay....all of the hosts are always shouting from the rooftops about Free Exchanges....what am I doing wrong???

When the free exchanges first started, I sent back several items to be exchanged for a different size. All of them were returned instead of exchanged...I was charged for return shipping...had to contact customer service to get a refund...took several weeks to show on my credit card statement. I even had someone from Customer Care call me at home, assuring that this would not happen again.

Fast forward to this month.....I sent three items to be exchanged. I also put a hand written note in each package asking for an exchange...not a return. Well, guess what...all three items were returned and I was charged return shipping...

The wonderful Customer Service associate refunded me my shipping costs and gave me a $40.00 credit...but here’s the thing....what are we suppose to do to ensure that the items are exchanged...not returned??? Every host constantly mentions the great Exchange policy....but I have tried to exchange 7 items....and all 7 were returned and I was charged return shipping...which, btw, can take a full billing cycle to be credited to your account. I am open to suggestions....I am really apprehensive about ordering anything that might remotely need to be exchanged.

@grandma petes  I'm really sorry that happened.  If there is stock available when the return is processed, it should be done as a free exchange.  If there is no stock available at the time of te return, the monies with be refunded.  If this should ever occur, please email us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com or contact customer service at 1.800.367.9444 for assistance.  

Melvin, Customer Care

Trusted Contributor

@Melvin-QVC wrote:

@grandma petes wrote:

@grandma petes  I'm really sorry that happened.  If there is stock available when the return is processed, it should be done as a free exchange.  If there is no stock available at the time of te return, the monies with be refunded.  If this should ever occur, please email us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com or contact customer service at 1.800.367.9444 for assistance.  

Melvin, Customer Care

Thank you Melvin. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Honored Contributor

I have done several exchanges (size or color) and have had no problem. Everything went smoothly and quickly. I just got an exchange today. Everything on my account looks proper. No charge for shipping either way.

What I am amazed and happy about is that I got my exchanges faster than my original order!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@grandma petes - I'm glad Melvin responded to you; he said just what I had planned to. I've had several different experiences with exchanges being successful (including an exchange for an exchange!) and attempted exchanges turning into returns because the item or size or color I wanted was not available. It can certainly be frustrating when the transaction doesn't end as you'd hoped, and it's also frustrating when you have to call customer service to resolve issues with purchases and exchanges, but I think the Q service team does a great job overall. Happy shopping (and exchanging)!

Respected Contributor

You aren’t doing anything wrong. The problem lies with QVC.

Honored Contributor

I wonder why Customer Service - each time @grandma petes called - did not explain to her that the items were unavailable? 

Melvin's explanation makes sense, but CS really should have explained this to @grandma petes on both calls.

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I wonder why Customer Service - each time @grandma petes called - did not explain to her that the items were unavailable? 

Melvin's explanation makes sense, but CS really should have explained this to @grandma petes on both calls.

When I sent the items back for an exchange, all of them were available in the sizes I requested. If the items were not available, then I can understand them processing it as a return, but I should not be charged return shipping.