Regular Contributor

I ordered the Quaker Factory skort last week when it was the TSV. I have never ordered any pants before and was careful to check the "click here" measurements. Got it, like it but just too large. CS said that now exchanges are not free so it would cost me their shipping price with their label or whatever it costs to pay myself. Then they add the $3.00 handling in. So if I exchange it there goes my savings as well as an additional $6.00-$10.00 to exchange it. I guess after writing this out it seems clear that this skort is not meant to be so I should return it and get it behind me. 

Trusted Contributor

Just  ridiculous!  At least they could refund your original shipping, when it is an exchange.

Honored Contributor

@dubll2011 wrote:

I ordered the Quaker Factory skort last week when it was the TSV. I have never ordered any pants before and was careful to check the "click here" measurements. Got it, like it but just too large. CS said that now exchanges are not free so it would cost me their shipping price with their label or whatever it costs to pay myself. Then they add the $3.00 handling in. So if I exchange it there goes my savings as well as an additional $6.00-$10.00 to exchange it. I guess after writing this out it seems clear that this skort is not meant to be so I should return it and get it behind me. 

Sadly I agree, just send it back and good riddance

Honored Contributor

As far as I have heard and heard on here there is NO $3 Handling charge

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@dubll2011

and this is why I rarely order any clothes from Q!  It costs up to $10 just to try on (😲orig s/h & return fee).

Ridiculous and yes, even if you exchange the Q charges to send you item👎🏻

There are other retailers (online) who offered FREE shipping both ways. 

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Your right there is no $3 handling charge. But they don't refund that original shipping. So you are out the $3 plus whatever it costs you to send something back. I would send the Skort back but pay for it myself. That item should be very cheap to ship back in a small box or bag. Even a big mailing envelope might work.

Regular Contributor

Lesson learned. Wrapped the skort up in the bag it came in and will pay to ship it back. There is a Macy's, Target and Kohls a mile from where I live. Free exchanges!

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

The charge is a combined shipping and handling fee which is not refunded on returns or exchanges. 

Esteemed Contributor

@dubll2011 wrote:

Lesson learned. Wrapped the skort up in the bag it came in and will pay to ship it back. There is a Macy's, Target and Kohls a mile from where I live. Free exchanges!

Yes, it's free after you've taken the time & gas to drive to the store, found parking, stood in line, dealt with the return and driven back home. Return packages using the Q label can simply be left for your post person. 

But I do get your point. Plus, it seems there would be a less likely reason to return if you travel to a B&M store and try it on there.

For all the complaints about shipping & return fees here, most of which I disagree with, I do think there should be a break for merchandise that's being exchanged rather than returned. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Exchange is expensive.

[ Edited ]

This holds true even when it's their mistake..I excitedly opened a box of Temptations, only to find that instead of blue Floral lace, which I had ordered, I had been sent blue Old World....

I simply wanted the right one, but they said they were now out of it, but I could send it back for a refund...except the amount they refunded me came to about $15 less than what I had spent, due to shipping..handling, etc..

This was their mistake!!!!.. after a few emails, we reached an agreement, which netted me back almost everything I had spent....My order was $51 and my refund was $46..

a very unsatisfying experience overall...but, it could have been worse..I have not ordered since then...