Frequent Contributor

Excessive amount of time to process a return

[ Edited ]

I realize we are still in the somewhat busy return season but how long is a reasonable amout of time to process a return once it has been received by the warehouse? I have a return that was received on Jan 12th......still no refund as of today, Jan 20th. I called CS yesterday and they said yes, it was received and processed yesterday (the 19th) but she could not tell me what my refund was. So baffled by this. 

If there is a Q social customer service someone out there who can heklp me I would appreciate it! Order

***edited removed personal information (order number)

QVC Customer Care

Re: Excessive amount of time to process a return

@suburbanone wrote:

I realize we are still in the somewhat busy return season but how long is a reasonable amout of time to process a return once it has been received by the warehouse? I have a return that was received on Jan 12th......still no refund as of today, Jan 20th. I called CS yesterday and they said yes, it was received and processed yesterday (the 19th) but she could not tell me what my refund was. So baffled by this. 

If there is a Q social customer service someone out there who can heklp me I would appreciate it! Order

***edited removed personal information (order number)

Hi @suburbanone, we're very sorry for the delay in receiving your refund. Please email us your order information at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com I'm happy to take a look for you. 

Kinski, Customer Care

Frequent Contributor

Hi @Kinski-QVC

Email sent. Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suburbanoneI, too, have been waiting for an exchange to be processed by QVC. After receiving a snarky email a couple of days ago asking for my name, address and phone number, I wrote back letting QVC know they ALREADY had that information if they were able to email me! I further stated the exchange should not take such a lengthy process and I was very disappointed. Another CSR responded (nicely this time) that my return was "in the process" and "please give it up to 12 days". 

I returned it on January 11 or 12 via USPS. I know USPS ships their packages much quicker than that! The same day I sent packages to CA and FL. Both those packages arrived within a few days. The QVC package is still "in process." Or, someplace in QVC la-la land. 

In the meantime, our days are becoming longer and sunny. The weather is no longer sub-zero. We're in the 40's and have hit 53 degrees! Do I really care if I receive that green sweater after all of this delayed time? NOPE. In fact, I wrote an email this AM to QVC and told them NOT to ship the exchange. I not longer want it after all this time. I want a FULL REFUND to my VISA. QVC is well aware of my disappointment with their slow returns. 

Sorry you experienced the same problem. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

Yes, very poor return service.  I have two items that were returned at the beginning of January.  Have received emails that the returns have been processed.  That was about a week ago.  Still no credit back to my account.  I wonder why QVC doesn't seem to be able to do what all stores online/brick&mortar are able to do within a day or two. This is not acceptable.  They have been holding my funds since December.

Valued Contributor

They recieved my return & I even recieved several emails about a credit to my account. Then the last one said "0" return amount! WHAT is going on! I have paid 2 easy pays & they charged another one to me. They also charged my account the $6.95 buy NO refund even tho 3 emails said they had posted one!  What is up with that? And why can the charge go on my account immeditately but credits not? If I don't pay the amount charged my card when the bill comes then I have to pay interest! That really sucks! Not happy at all with this process! And I am in the christmas return time!

Honored Contributor

It took a month to see our account credited. That was after the refund was issued that took weeks to be done. I consider this is a subtle method to discourage returns. 

Valued Contributor

I had the same thing happen to me. They received my return on Jan. 12th . Today I received the notice that they are crediting my account but they charged me the $6.95. I had to call CS to tell them I paid for the return shipping. The the nice CS rep said he will credit my account. 

About 50% of the time I have to call them and tell them I paid for the return.  One time the rep asked for my tracking number, which of course I had. I knew she didn't believe me. She was basically calling me a liar. Of course the tracking number makes no difference to her. She wouldn't have a record of it. 

They really need to do a better job.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I have had the same issue with QVC. They want us to pay hard earned money up front in good faith but if we receive an item that has to be returned I have noticed not only does it take forever that customer service has really gotten to be rude to the customers. QVC has gotten very greedy and once our return shows delivered to the warehouse I call to get my refund but they still wait a long time to release the money back. I have been with them for years and sadly many items sent out are returns from other customers or just defective. I would love to know where the quality control is. I would also like to know how customer service can get by with such a poor attitude. I want the old QVC back when they first started. Customers were first!

Honored Contributor

As of TODAY, the package (a LARGE one) that I dropped off at the Post Office 11 days ago is STILL SITTING THERE WAITING FOR PICK UP from the 3rd party QVC has hired for their return shipping.

ELEVEN DAYS SITTING IN THE POST OFFICE. 

Pathetic.