Super Contributor

Ever Returned Something & Return Slip Missing?

I thought I'd put the return slip with exchange info on my items before I mailed them back yesterday.  Then today I find the return slip at home and not where it should have been (on the items already sent).  So I've tried calling customer service (long wait time) and ended up emailing the Social Team at QVC.  So far I've gotten no response which is understandable because it is the weekend.  But has anyone else done this?  Do I ever get an answer and replacement?  Or do I just pay for an item that never gets seen?  I have honestly never ever done this before and am so frustrated with ME!  From now on I will double-check my packages before sealing and mailing them!  

Respected Contributor

Re: Ever Returned Something & Return Slip Missing?

I  have put the wrong invoice in a package.  Contacted the social team and they had the issue taken care of.

Honored Contributor

I don't think my packages have ever actually made it to the post office before I noticed I forgot to put the return slip inside.

But I've had to cut open the boxes and retape to put the slips in after I've taped them.  And I can't count the number of times I've checked and rechecked to see if I did put the slip inside.

I don't doubt that one day I'll do the same, so don't feel bad.  It makes up for all those packages we get that have no packing slips included!

Honored Contributor

@InStitches49 

That happened to me once too and since there were no instructions via the missing return slip, they just processed it as a return.

I had to re-order the exchange I wanted, but lost out on return shipping and re-ordering shipping charges, but mistakes happen, don't beat yourself up over it.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It sounds like there's no identification in the box that the order was yours, but if you used QVC's return label placed outside the box or package, the exchange dept may be able to trace the order to you using your return tracking number.  But, they would refund your money, not exchange it since there are no instructions to do so.  

It will take some time before QVC receives your return for an exchange, so no need to worry about getting your issue resolved today.

Forget about Customer Service.  Someone from the Social Team will respond to you.  If you don't hear from anyone in a day or two, email again.  

Contributor

If you used the return label for that item you should be okay. The order number is on the label, if you look carefully. When the warehouse receives your order, they scan the barcode on the label, which has all the information about your order. Of course, like the other responder indicated, you will receive a refund since there would be no exchange information. I, too, have had to slice open tape on the top of my return boxes to slip in the return form I neglected to include before sealing! Now I take a tiny piece of tape and stick the return slip to the item before packing it up.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I've used a plain sheet of paper and handwritten my name, order number and all the info on the return form and just included it with the item.  Worked fine.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Rather than calling or emailing, I just did the instant chat.  The rep responded quickly. 

Respected Contributor

@InStitches49 

You can also go into your order status for the item you want to return and there is a place you can copy the invoice where you can insert that into your package.