Super Contributor

Emails from QVC -annoying

[ Edited ]

I'm truly at a loss for ideas and have stopped ordering as much from QVC because of this. Here's the deal every time I look at an item on the site I get that annoying "oops did you forget about this" or whatever it says email.  I have unsubscribed from all emails on several occasions, even called customer service a couple times, emailed customer service and told there's nothing they can do.I am old enough to decide if I want to order or not and these emails are a complete turn off. Does anyone have any idea how to stop these annoying emails from QVC?  My emails are yahoo so I can't just block the address. Please help  
posted under 2 sections so hopefully C S will see this and I can also get tips from other customers 

Occasional Contributor

Re: Emails from QVC -annoying

This is exactly my concern of the hour. Way too many emails despite opting out of all emails, and several times. I actually came in to look for some Customer service assistance to get this problem fixed.

Thank you for posting this and I hope someone from the Q guides us in the right direction.

Honored Contributor

Yes, the "oops, is this yours?" and "wait, come back! you left this behind" emails are too cute for words.  And instantly deleted.

Honored Contributor

@14Victoria -

I would be annoyed too, especially having unsubscribed and done everything else you did.

Until they fix the problem, I know when I had yahoo, I could block emails. I had to type in the offending email info and then search for block addresses and add theirs.

Hopefully others have clearer information or ideas.

I wonder if the mods would be able to help. Though I know they forward the problem to their IT department. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yeah I get it, a lot of companies use this for marketing -but with every other brand once you unsubscribe they leave you alone....... not QVC, it's redicouls.  

Ive been trying to get ride of these emails for over a year LOL 

Valued Contributor

I have found that this only happens when I view an item if I am logged in to my account. If I want to view individual items, I make sure I'm logged out first.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm annoyed by a different type of email.  I ordered potstickers a couple of months ago.  Something was wrong with them, and I had an extremely difficult time getting thru to CS even though I tried for days.  Finally I was able to get a refund (thanks to help I received here).  Obviously I have sworn off these potstickers forever.  The frustrating, time-consuming experience left a bad taste in my mouth, in more ways than one.

But..........I constantly get emails - "Something you loved is back in stock!", and there's a photo of the dreaded potstickers.   You would think QVC wouldn't want to keep reminding me about them!  :-)   Every time I get one of those emails, I remember how terrible they were and how angry I was with QVC because of their complete lack of CS.  These emails are counter-productive, to say the least.

Honored Contributor

They sure are annoying but I find it so easy to just delete them - takes no time at all!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Other companies does this too.

Why people love to act as if QVC is the only company that does this is beyond me.

Just delete the email and move on with life.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Frequent Contributor

I set up a filter on my e-mail to send QVC e-mails to a junk folder.  I look at them when I want instead of getting an alert on my phone.  To the "geez, just delete them" people, I already get enough junk e-mail, and I don't need QVC piling on.  It takes a lot of time to "just delete" the volume of junk some people get - like me.  

For the record, the QVC communication problem I couldn't solve was when I had the QVC app on my phone, I was constantly getting alerts during the day.  At work, my phone would start buzzing as if I received a text.  I went to the app settings menu and could not find any way to opt out or turn it off.  I called QVC customer service at least 3 times and none of them could help.  I asked to talk to someone in their tech support, and they all told me QVC doesn't have one!  I told the final person my only recourse was to delete the app to make it stop, and she told me "go ahead."  Alrighty then.